Digital timer Q?

artgecko

hello all,

I am having my chameleon shipped to me next week. I have almost all of my supplies ready to go but am considering getting a misting system as well. I understand that there are issues with the timer on some of the misting systems and was wondering if a digital timer could be used, and if so, which one you would recommend? I saw this one on walmart's website, but it has less-than-stellar reviews.

I'd appreciate any feedback you have.

It doesn't look like that timer will let you mist for less than one minute. If you get a mistking or climist system the timers work for a few seconds or minutes several times a day. IMO, they are worth the extra expense.
If you are thinking monsoon or reptirain, they are less reliable and need more care. refilling etc.

You want a 3 prong that has a minute button and at least 8 on/off cycles along with a battery backup.

https://www.amazon.com/Century-Heav...TF8&qid=1495564186&sr=8-4&keywords=lamp+timer

Some of the cheaper ones will only allow for 2-4 on/off cycles and only 5-10min increments.

If you spend a bit more you can get the hydroponics ones that can be set for seconds and more than 8 sessions a day (may be good for low humidity houses).

https://www.amazon.com/Multifunctio...=1495564377&sr=8-4&keywords=hydroponics+timer

This one my buddy uses. Hes got it setup to run for 2min every hour on repeat for 12 hours a day.

Its only downfall is it can only be setup for 3 on off cycles. So you could have it setup to run 1min every 30min in the morning for 2 hours, then another cycle of 1min every 30min in the after noon for 2 hours.

hello all,

I am having my chameleon shipped to me next week. I have almost all of my supplies ready to go but am considering getting a misting system as well. I understand that there are issues with the timer on some of the misting systems and was wondering if a digital timer could be used, and if so, which one you would recommend? I saw this one on walmart's website, but it has less-than-stellar reviews.

I'd appreciate any feedback you have.
If you are ordering a mistin system it will come with a quality seconds timer. If it does not get a different system.
MistKing has always worked great for me. I run 6 different systems for my Chameleons, Monitors and Uroplatus.
The intro system will work great for you.

Thanks guys!
I haven't made up my mind yet on which system to go with. I would only be using it for one cage and was considering a monsoon mainly due to the included water reservoir. I know that system has issues, but from what I've read, those issues are with the timer that is included with the system. I am still looking into mist kings as well, but they look to be more complicated to set up.

I will be using a dripper for drinking purposes and the room the cage is in has a humidifier, so the misting will really be supplemental (I'm thinking 2-4x a day). I AM concerned with the timer working if the power blinks, etc.... I have my snakes cages on a herpstat and it saves settings even with power outages, etc. so I've never had to worry about that before... Getting something reliable would be my priority here as we will take a couple vacations over the summer (3-5 days each) and although I have a sitter coming, I don't want her to have to deal with a malfunctioning mister.

broderp- Thank you! I love that the timer you linked has a battery backup. I am still on the fence with which misting system I will go with... I should have a better idea after I see where the humidity levels in my cage rest after setting it up.

Back
Top Bottom