diggin 3 days, 4th tunnel but still no eggs

blondekiss

Baylee has bin diggin goin on 4 days now. It's 11:30pm here in England n she still diggin. She's not eatin nething for 4 days which I no is normal but iam still goin out my mind. Her lill legs r goin crazy, she's clearly full of eggs (egg shapes are sticking out her belly) If I put her nite lite on she falls asleep in her hole, by mornin she's so cold n not moving till lunch time wen she cums out the tunnel n pisses about for hours. She don't start diggin again till nearly bed time. So I've kept her day lites on for now as she's happily diggin away. Worried if I turn them off she will go sleep n not start again next day till late. Not really sure wot to do. x thanx for ne help x

With pictures of your egg laying setup we can advise better. I have a few good ideas but it depends upon how you do it.

She's in a bucket. I ad a small box of soil in her viv and wen she started diggin in that I put her in a bucket of washed playsand. She didn't like that at all & wudnt go in there. So changed the sand bk to soil and she started diggin. Just checked on her and shes turned herself around, at last! Lol fingers crossed this is it. I've banned the kids from the room for 4 days & they wud really like the t.v bk lol. Yep 99% sure she's laying rite NOW!! So excited!!! :) x

I see lush white eggs, not sure how many yet. Will let u's no how many, how mom is ect. Funny thing is she didn't even lay in the tunnel she dug lol. Well that was an intense 4 days. Wen shud I move the eggs? Just I heard leave them b 4 while b4 moving them? X

I see lush white eggs, not sure how many yet. Will let u's no how many, how mom is ect. Funny thing is she didn't even lay in the tunnel she dug lol. Well that was an intense 4 days. Wen shud I move the eggs? Just I heard leave them b 4 while b4 moving them? X

She didn't lay in her tunnel? Thats weird. Do not let her see you while she is laying her eggs. It can lead to her not laying and becoming eggbound.

Wait until she is done and back up in her plant. You can then remove the eggs and give her a good long drink and some food. She's probably hungry and thirsty and cold! She'll head right toward her basking spot.

Sorry late reply, turned out Baylee layed 1 egg in her tunnel & 22 on the surface of the layin bin. Eggs lookin healthy, white, all bout the same size. They feel like jelly beans lol. Baylee eatin, drinkin, bk 2 her normal self. Thanx 4 gettin bk 2 me, tho help wasn't needed in the end, she was just takin her time!! Thanx all x hollie

Keep an eye on her. She should have laid them all in the hole and buried them..so lets hope she laid them all. Since she is back to normal by the sounds of it she should have.

Congrats with your new cham eggs :)

The reason i think she battled to lay her eggs in the start was you guys might of bugged her to much by checking it out the whole time? :)

If you see a female start digging get a wireless camera put her in a spot with no traffic, panther females will not lay if they don't feel safe or if they being watched.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom