Different Roach Feeders

Alex21

What are some different roaches that are good feeders that aren't to difficult to breed? I already have dicoids roaches and would like to have another colony of a different species. I cant have dubias since I live in Florida. Suggestions?

They can fly but are nocturnal so as long as you don't open it at night your good, even then they don't fly very much. I use tree bark pieces over moist coco fiber and the adults hang out on the bottom side of the bark. They are bright green and move pretty quick so really get the chameleons attention.

Awesome, thanks for all the info! I felt like every other feeder besides discoids had a draw back and I couldn't make up my mind. Thanks again for the help.

Surinam roaches are interesting and legal in FL too. They only get around an inch long as adults though. Pretty sure Nick B sells those too.

The Banana Roaches fly and climb as adults, but the nymphs don't fly or climb. The key is to handle them in the daytime as Guanagator said, and when you want to harvest, just carefully place one of the pieces of bark in a deep plastic container; just turn it over and start grabbing' the little buggers. They are legal in Florida, your best choice for another roach. Coco Fiber is a must to not worry about mold, it smells good, and they like a moist substrate.

Care Sheets available, email me at [email protected].

Just tried the orange heads that @nick barta tossed in as a bonus on my last order, they were an instant hit with my new O'shaughnessy pair.
E1230769-B4E8-468C-8D90-30169939A148_zpssuzr0ach.jpg

Back
Top Bottom