Different Kinds of Veileds?

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Are there different types of veileds? I know there are Translucents but I sometimes hear people call them Sunburst and Turquoise. Are these different breeds of veileds?

I believe that is just color.
My boy Mello is sunburst turquoise cross.
Green Bean is a high yellow.

GORGEOUS!!!!!!
I not sure we need someone to help.
My boy Oggie has strange colors also some say he has pastel colors:confused: But was advertised as red factor:confused:

Last edited:
If I had to guess Luie's color line i'd say... AWESOME! :)

Jan,

he is a handsome looking devil! The picture you have of Luie at 16 months, titled "Luie smiling and struting" is actually my desktop backround. I hope you don't mind I used your photo:eek:, it just brings a smile to my face when I see it.:) He truly looks like he's smiling!:D

-Jay

Thanks Jay!!! He's truely a little sweetheart. Jann

As I have said before your veileds are to dream about! They are Beautiful. (note the capital B)

I think the names for colors are more so people can advertise what babies might turn out as, and I don't have much experience with Veiled morphs, but I have a lot with Leopard geckos (and oh boy are there a lot of morphs there) but if I saw him advertised as a High Yellow (I'd even throw turquoise at the end, because of his stunning head) I would never think of him as anything else.

So, I'm saying High Yellow Turquoise.

there is actually 2 kinds of veiled chameleon , one has a bigger casque living in the bottom of the mountians of yemen, closer to the desert so they need to store water in there casque because its not redily availible all the time or some say its a heat dissapation and there scientific name is C calyptratus, The other kind of veiled chameleon,C Calcarifer has the shorted casque and lives on the coast line of saudi arabia and higher up the mountians in yemen , and the casque only gets 2'' inches with females being alot larger then the C calyptratus (veiled chameleons), iv personally had C calcarifer and my female was 15.5 inches long and her casque might have been a inch tall and she wasnt to much smaller then my male and just a beautiful chameleon all together had great personality and made me some of the nicest looking babies , i still have a buddie of mine doing F3s of my girls i sold him 3 yrs ago and he says hes amazed with the size the females have grown to , as so was I when i first got her lol so there is 2 different kinds of veild just look it up and itll tell you the differences as i have stated here

there is not a single spec of doubt in my expert opinion that you have a red factor high yellowquoise orange cheek sunburst califragilistic veiled

boothy how do you know for sure they were C Calcarifer

i was told by the guy who got the European shipment in that they were the smaller casque veileds C calcarifer and all 6 females that came in were massive and iv never seen another female veiled that big again and they had the tinest of casques iv ever seen also and havent seen that around either ,I only got 1 female from that order that had a bad burn to her leg so the other guy didnt want her so i got her for 70 bucks no tax they were originaly $150, but the guy who has my F3s still has sisters to the original females we got from Europe , ill show you pics of her with a 21 inch male and show you shes not much smaller then he is and hes a big boy ,i know im going by the guys word who got them but hes a reputable person with 25 plus yrs experience and even said to my face they were the smaller casque C calcarifer so im gona take his word for it

it would be pretty hard to tell the difference from each other at a young age but by 6 months of age you could tell ,in males or females of the C calcarifer there casque doesnt get any bigger then 2 inches where as the C calyptratus casque gets 3 to 4 inches tall , to forsure tell is to wait until the animal is 6 months of age or older and to measure its casque

Boothy,

Would you post pictures of the Ch. c. calcarifer you had? Every animal I've ever seen photos of that was a supposed Ch. c. calcarifer has merely been a normal Ch. calyptratus with symptoms of MBD and subsequent growth defects. Also, its been shown that Ch. c. calcarifer is actually a naturally occurring hybrid between Ch. calyptratus and Ch. arabicus. I'd be curious to see your animal and make sure that it wasn't just misidentified.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom