Diet Coke Death Trap!

Trillian

So I've been a huge meanie and went away for 4 days, leaving Ivy in the care of the Mist King. Come home and she's very hungry and quite open-minded about food.

I had saved a brown juice bottle for this project, but think it got chucked out, and all I had was a Diet Coke bottle. So I cut a front panel with a sturdy Stanley knife/box cutter, glue-gunned mesh that came in a feeder pot, used my trusty spade-tipped drill bit to make a hole in the cap, and strung it up with mini bungee hooks.

Ivy and the dubia all approve!

I was worried about it being clear, but the way the enclosure is set up means that to get close she has to use the vine that runs along the front of the feeder. I think that it being clear helped her realise what it was there for, she came running over as soon as I closed the door, and cleaned it out!

I'm really hoping this means an end to escaped dubias growing to adulthood then being found by my increasingly less-tolerant husband...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346859052165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346859052165.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 137
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346859067443.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346859067443.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 149
Yep, that should work. Anything to keep the peace ;)

I dumped some baby dubia in a small deli cup and stuck a ball of sticky putty to the bottom and anchored it to a thick perch in little Smidget's cage.

I hope he gets the idea how to eat out of a cup soon because I dont want dubia running free either :eek:

Open-minded about food, lol. And good deathtrap, I am worried to use clear plastic for obvious reasons but having trouble getting my guy to cup feed. This is now going to be tried at my house :)

Back
Top Bottom