DIEING CHAMELEON PLEASE HELP

Treat

I’m watching a Panther Chameleon and have had it for about 4 days now. It seemed to be doing okay but today he was acting strange. I was alarmed when I found it near the bottom of the tank. It had its eyes closed so I tried feeding it. It only ate a bit and was unresponsive. It’s rocking back and forth and has very dark coloration. It’s being super aggressive and has very sunken eyes.I moved it back to the top but it still went back to the bottom. I’m scared for it and I don’t know what I can do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 90
I’m watching a Panther Chameleon and have had it for about 4 days now. It seemed to be doing okay but today he was acting strange. I was alarmed when I found it near the bottom of the tank. It had its eyes closed so I tried feeding it. It only ate a bit and was unresponsive. It’s rocking back and forth and has very dark coloration. It’s being super aggressive and has very sunken eyes.I moved it back to the top but it still went back to the bottom. I’m scared for it and I don’t know what I can do.
I would contact your cousin. The cham sounds like it needs a vet asap. When they are at this point there is nothing you can do. They hide sickness very well, so by the time they are visibly ill to us, they need a vet.

It is likely from wrong husbandry as addressed in your previous thread. You should def let your cousin know to take him to an exotic vet and point in this direction so we can all help w the correct set up.

all of the vets around me are either closed or don’t care for Chameleons so I just picked him up and put him near the top of the enclosure. I gave him tiny bits of food and a lot of water. He turned green but I’m still gonna take him to the vet in the morning. I just hope he’ll make it through the night.

all of the vets around me are either closed or don’t care for Chameleons so I just picked him up and put him near the top of the enclosure. I gave him tiny bits of food and a lot of water. He turned green but I’m still gonna take him to the vet in the morning. I just hope he’ll make it through the night.
He’s doing a lot better now. He got most of his color back and I’m sure that he was severely dehydrated. He drank a lot of water and was able to eat after. I’ll make sure to give a lot more water when misting and keep an eye on him.

Attachments

• 1C6A2399-B76D-4E4B-8E93-7E57B6D6B08A.jpeg
    1C6A2399-B76D-4E4B-8E93-7E57B6D6B08A.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 110
He definitely doesn't look good. He really needs a good chameleon vet right away.

Also, there seems to be a bump below his right leg near the beginning of the tail. Not sure what that's from.
Please be very careful with him...he could easily aspirate food or water (take it into his lungs) while he's not well. Or responsive.

Back
Top Bottom