Diego Suarez Hatching!!!!

PardalisGirl

Avid Member
I had an unexpected surprise this week. A clutch of Diego Suarez panthers started hatching out. They were laid 03/19/06 which is not quite six months. I was only looking at the clutch once or twice a week because I did not think they were close to hatching. I have several other clutches that I thought should hatch before this one did. It's a good thing I did check the clutch, because the first babe (the one pictured) was totally out of the egg and the yolk sac had already dried up and gone. The second babe had most of his body out of the egg. I was so excited that I was screaming and dancing around the house. Luckily, my husband does not think I'm a total nut (only a partial one).

The sire, Edwardo, was purchased from Jenna at Prism Chameleons. He was captive hatched from wild caught parents. The dam, Conchita, was purchased from Jim at The Chameleon Company. She was also captive hatched from wild caught parents. I got two more females from Jim a couple of months ago and they will be presented to Edwardo in a couple of months.

Seven of the eight good eggs have hatched. The last egg is the biggest one. It looks like it might pop tomorrow. Conchita laid a small clutch and several of them went bad right away.

Here is Edwardo. He is one of my favorites. He is a fiesty one. He will eat from my hand but does not want to be touched or handled:

Edwardo4.jpg

Here is that first babe that I saw when I checked the clutch. He was resting at the time. I was also shocked by his striking pattern. He did not look real:

Diego Baby1.jpg

I'm having a hard time getting anything done. I keep checking out these new babies :)

very exciting. i would have to agree that it would be hard to get something done, i think i would be doing the same thing. keep looking at them, and see what is going on, lol. your little baby looks awesome, so cute, lol. good luck with your little ones!

WOW...what a gorgeous daddy and such cute babies! Good luck and congrats! I'd totally be the same way...in there constantly staring!!!!

Very nice!! Its horrible to have to wait and once they start you cant imagine doing anything else... Congrats, hope to see more of them soon!

Thanks for the congrats! It is hard not to keep checking them. I almost hold my breath waiting to see them drink for the first time (last night) and now I'm holding my breath to see them eat their first fruit flies. I'm going to try to take more pictures tomorrow. Two of them already have green on the top of their heads and another has creamy yellow lateral spots. And only two days old. I tried earlier today and gave up because I can't get my camera to catch those subtle colors. Got to go and pay attention to my husband now. He's recovering from knee replacement surgery now and can't get his own diet soda, etc. Bye :)

That is an amazing male and very cute babies!! I can't wait until I have a house of my own and all the chameleons I want.....or can handle which ever comes first :)

Excellent Job Catherine...

Excellent job with Edwardo Catherine and the baby is adorable! Edwardo looks exquisite and his babies should be stunning. I can't wait to see how they turn out :). Keep us informed!

Thanks all!

Thanks again for all the congrats. And thank you Jenna! You are responsible for raising Edwardo up to his full potential :)

Back
Top Bottom