Didn't expect to have to worry about this!

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
Today I got a shipment of 2000 crickets.

When I dumped the bottom box into the bin--the box that was sitting on the ground--I also dumped a bunch of fire ants in. The ants must have found the crickets at the end of my drive before I did. I've spent the last hour or so trying to find the ants in my bin of 2000 1/4" crickets and all their debris that comes along with them. Some of the crickets are as small as the ants.

Even with gloves on, I have quite a few ant stings. They are the native Texas fire ants, not the ferocious imported invaders from South America so I hope they'll just live out their lives in peace with me and my crickets.

Janet that is awful. I hope you can get the crickets out to feed you Chams. How are all the Chams doing.

The dang fire ants here seem to know the tracking numbers on packages... If I order hornworms, I had better get them directly from the carriers hands to mine. Can't tell you how many times I've fought nasty fire ants with hornworms.

The ants in SC are no joke... My yard is infested with them.

When I lived in Pensacola, Florida ... we had Fire Ants eat thru our large above ground pool in just over 1 years time to the point it was trashed. They are NO JOKE!

When I lived in Pensacola, Florida ... we had Fire Ants eat thru our large above ground pool in just over 1 years time to the point it was trashed. They are NO JOKE!

I have chickens out in my yard, so I don't want to put any poisons down. I dust the mounds (dust is an understatement!) with Pyrethrin dust that is used directly on poultry. That keeps them under control. My gate is a long way from my house, so who knows what is out there!

Janet that is awful. I hope you can get the crickets out to feed you Chams. How are all the Chams doing.

Babies are all good and growing. As soon as I ordered crickets, I got some edemas on the babies. I hate crickets. I fed them Montane Cricket Crack and good veggies for about a week before I started to feed them. What do they feed crickets at cricket farms????

Most are 4g, a few are at 3g at 7 weeks. I'm just waiting for them to be big enough to be sure of the sex before I start looking for homes for them.

Back
Top Bottom