Did I buy a sick chameleon?

Frostyx

Hey everyone my names Leo. I posted a few days ago looking for help with my chameleon to make sure I had the right set up going and what not. Long story short, yes I am a new reptile owner. With that being said I’ve been spending day in and day out with my little buddy Mojo, making sure his cage is the right temp and humidity levels and what not. Anyways I noticed him rubbing his eye against the branches every here and there for the past 2 days. I woke up this morning and when I went to look at him I noticed his eye looks poofy and slightly closed. I’ve only had him since the 6th and he was kept in a cage with many other baby chameleons. Do you think I bought a sick chameleon? If so what can I do to save my little buddy? You can see in the last picture he’s straight up pushing his eye into the branch

Attachments

• 6B386F07-5BF7-44F2-B823-8EC63DBE323D.jpeg
    6B386F07-5BF7-44F2-B823-8EC63DBE323D.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 90
  • CD479548-4B47-4F6C-A326-6841798C90BE.jpeg
    CD479548-4B47-4F6C-A326-6841798C90BE.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 102
Mist his eye for a couple of minutes to let him rinse it out. If that doesn’t help, take him to the vet. Could you fill out the form in my signature below, please?

Mist his eye for a couple of minutes to let him rinse it out. If that doesn’t help, take him to the vet. Could you fill out the form in my signature below, please?
Hey ERKle, I don’t know if you remember but we connected on my other post about me being a newbie. He runs away when I spray him.

Odds are hes not sick, hes having a reaction to something in the tank, or from the pet shop. One of the live or plastic plants has an eye irritant on it. Personally id gut the tank and rinse everything with Hot water etc, and even give the cham a 30min human shower treatment to try to rinse what ever is off.

Hey everyone my names Leo. I posted a few days ago looking for help with my chameleon to make sure I had the right set up going and what not. Long story short, yes I am a new reptile owner. With that being said I’ve been spending day in and day out with my little buddy Mojo, making sure his cage is the right temp and humidity levels and what not. Anyways I noticed him rubbing his eye against the branches every here and there for the past 2 days. I woke up this morning and when I went to look at him I noticed his eye looks poofy and slightly closed. I’ve only had him since the 6th and he was kept in a cage with many other baby chameleons. Do you think I bought a sick chameleon? If so what can I do to save my little buddy? You can see in the last picture he’s straight up pushing his eye into the branch
Where did he come from?

Back
Top Bottom