Diahreaa

Reptilelover47

Established Member
Ok, so my cham (2yo male panther) is on antibiotics with an eye & mouth infection. Since the antibiotics he began to have the runs & due to that he is also showing signs of dehydration (orange feces, extremely thirsty). Tried callin vet & he isn't in so, my question is can I give him yogurt, yogurt baby food, or rice baby food to help the runs & help his dehydration issue? He loves baby food, & since he can't see (eye infection) I usually give him some for extra nutrients, along with hand feeding him bugs. If I can't give him any of those I think banana baby food may help. lmk what you think or if yoh have any suggestions. Thanks!

btw, he has been eating mealworms & phoenix worms lately, so the antibiotics are def wats causing the diahreaa. Sorry for my txt language, typin on my phone. lol

Ok, so my cham (2yo male panther) is on antibiotics with an eye & mouth infection. Since the antibiotics he began to have the runs & due to that he is also showing signs of dehydration (orange feces, extremely thirsty). Tried callin vet & he isn't in so, my question is can I give him yogurt, yogurt baby food, or rice baby food to help the runs & help his dehydration issue? He loves baby food, & since he can't see (eye infection) I usually give him some for extra nutrients, along with hand feeding him bugs. If I can't give him any of those I think banana baby food may help. lmk what you think or if yoh have any suggestions. Thanks!

btw, he has been eating mealworms & phoenix worms lately, so the antibiotics are def wats causing the diahreaa. Sorry for my txt language, typin on my phone. lol

Did you check with the vet about this? Your post is a couple of days old by now. I think you have to wait until the antibiotics course ends before the yogurt will reestablish any gut fauna. Can you give him any liquids with his meds to help replace what's lost? How long before the meds are finished?

Back
Top Bottom