Diagnosis...

joeandsoph

Established Member
Hi guys,

Instead of clogging up my previous threat 'possible bruise', I've created a new one. The vet has just called and Tilly is ready to go home (thank heavens). It turned out that it was the eggs causing her slight weakness. I can't understand it because she's always laid fine and she's well looked after. He also said she seemed constipated which could be causing the eggs to not be released or there could be an egg stuck. He's giving her some Oxytocin before I collect her to hopefully start the egg laying process. If she's not laid by the weekend he suggested surgery might be the only other option. At least there was nothing else wrong from his tests which put my mind at rest about our husbandry.

Can anybody give me some feedback on Oxytocin, if they've had it prescribed to their chameleons and how they were on it?

Thanks

Glad things are looking up for her.:)
Chams do have a knack for making us worry, don't they?
Did the vet do any blood tests? Did he suggest additional calcium for a while?
Just curious to know, since low calcium levels can cause constipation and egg laying difficulties.
If you use the search button, there are loads of posts about oxytocin that you'll find helpful.

oxytocin is what they give to all the girls that need help laying.

its the norm.

glad its nothing too serious right now.

keep us updated on her laying!! glad its nothing really serious right now and i hope she lays really soon for you :)

He tried to take blood but couldn't get any but gave her extra calcium anyway. On the way home she did a wierd poop it was hard bit very yellow instead of brown but lots of white. I wondered if it was possibly an egg. Gross I know but I took a pic ill upload in a mo!

This is the picture of Tilly's poop thing. I'm sorry to have to post it but do you think this is just a poop? Or a mangled egg type thing?

She pooped out all of this including the dark bit.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 173
Ok well that's a good start because the vet did say she seemed constipated and that could be her reason for having trouble with the eggs. Could the Oxytocin have loosened this up for her? I hope so and then hopefully the eggs may follow. Fingers crossed...

I have towells up at the tank at the moment, she's been prodded and poked so much today and letting her have some Tilly time

Hey again,

Tilly has not laid since the Oxytocin I don't think she's even attempted too. But she is doing better she looks a lot better in herself and she's now sitting instead of hanging! I'm hoping that she lays today now she has got rid of her constipation!

Well guys no eggs! So frustrating. She's been ok but she she's sitting funny and seems uncomfortable. Think the vet will suggest spaying tomorrow and I said this was the very last resort. Just don't know what to do for the best :-( wish my girl could talk to me and tell me what to do :-(

Back
Top Bottom