DFW/East Texas/Anyone you know who loves chams

Matthew43s

Established Member
I regret to say that I feel I am no longer able to give KP the life that he needs to be well rounded and happy. Due to work i’m not home enough, which in turn has made his life into just being seen when he is fed every other day, then left to himself 6 days a week. This saddens me, deeply. I feel that KP needs someone who is going to be giving constant attention and devotion, I wish it were me but my job will not allow. It has become a problem, where he turns black when he sees anyone and hides. I have a feeling this is because the amount of human interaction he has been getting is not enough, so he’s essentially a prisoner in his own home. I can not allow this to happen. So I need someone, anyone with a big heart for these little guys, to give him a good home. I’m in east Texas but will drive 300+ miles to deliver him to someone who will truly look after him. His enclosure and him are going to be free to a good home, extras can be bought. I even have a 6’x5’x6’ outside enclosure I can sell for a great price.

If you know anyone, or if it’s you, feel free to DM me. Thank you

Not going to try and start an argument or question your choice. I hope you can find him a good home. But chameleons are animals of solitary nature. Even the ones that learn to enjoy human interaction are going to do it for something(getting outside, exploration, treats, etc) rather than the person themself. They are not like people. Humans are animals that evolved around social interaction. Not all animals, infact most, dont do this and have no reason to... if they could share their thoughts on us, they would think it is strange that we don't want to be left entirely alone. It goes completely against their nature.

Perhaps something else is wrong with him? I go weeks where I only feed my chams and don't have time to do much with them. They are all still thriving and unbothered by my presence. Some love climbing on me, others don't want to be bothered.

Back
Top Bottom