Dexter's Laboratory - finally finished

Thanks all! I'm no carpenter or I might have been able to get away a little cheaper on it. If you've got the money to purchase a cabinet base the rest is easy. Buy a tile backboard - cement I believe.. don't use sheet rock because it'll mold if it gets wet. Cut it to fit the top of the base and screw it down - easy... the tiles were 12x12 sheets with 1x1 tiles glued together when I bought them. I glued them down with locktite, evenly spaced - cut the glue strips holding them when needed ... mixed some grout and spread it over the tiles -- following all directions on the packages lol. The leftover grout covered the styrofoam backboard that I carved for rock detail.

I'd be able to do it more efficiently next time.

Bocajan - not sure what'd be a pool for water? There are two 5 gal buckets underneath - one for the mistking system, one for drainage. The floor of the cage is currogated plastic with a tub drain The currogated plastic is tub shaped and the missing tiles where the drain goes into the cabinet base helps the drain pull the currogated plastic down and allows the water to flow out easily. The white milk jug is his feeder cup - the bottom was cut out and I hot glued aluminum window screen mesh for water drainage... it's worked great. There's a deep area in the styrofoam that I cut in to allow him to crawl into it and hide from the water if he didn't want to get sprayed -- it's not big enough though and he prefers under the leaves in those circumstances .. other times he hangs out on the vines to get a good spray for drinking. All of the rocks were shaped to allow the water to flow off of them and not pool up - no issues there either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom