Devestated

bellatrix

So bella went to the vets today to see if she had eggs, turns out that yes she did, that was great. Any way a couple of hours after we got her home found her at the bottom of the cage. I thought she was dead, but she moved a fraction rushed her down to the vets crying and breaking speed limits. They put her into an incubator know idea what was wrong gave her fluids and antibiotics and took xrays. The lungs were White, ( meant to be black on an xray) her heart rate was getting slower and slower she didn't make it. Had a pm which I watched, she was covered in abseces and her lungs were solid. She had no hope. I' ve had her for three weeks apparently she's been I'll for months. No wonder previous owner abandoned her. I am devastated and mad at myself if I had known sooner I could of done something. No more chameleons cant go through That again.

Aaaw sorry to hear that. just keep ur eggs and you'll have a piece of her back again soon. and you can have them from the beginning and know they aren't mistreated xxx

I'm really sorry to hear this, how sad for both of you. But you did the best you could given the circumstances, chameleons have such a knack for hiding illness until it's really progressed that you probably couldn't have known anytime sooner.

I hope you reconsider and decide to bring another chameleon into your life but can understand if you don't. Sometimes we just get really attached to these little scaley creatures.

Sorry to hear that :( Seems we both lost our little friends on the same day :-( Mine had been ill from the start of ownership about a month ago. Not good :-(

Please don't give up chameleons :(. I know it's hard to lose these little guys (Belive me I know) , and it wasn't anything you did. I am so sorry...:(

I haven't got the eggs they weren't ready to be born. I love chameleons but I think for now I will keep with my dragons. Never say never though :)

That is awful, I am so sorry you lost her :( It sounds like her illness was present long before you got her. Don`t be hard on yourself, you did everything you possibly could. It would be such a shame for you never to have another cham when you are clearly such a caring owner with a lot of love to give. :(

Back
Top Bottom