Designing an enclosure for my Jackson's Cham.

Cordawayconstruction

Established Member
Hey folks. I'm getting ready to build an enclosure for my Jackson's and had a couple questions. I currently have a reptibreeze e Cham setup, 18*18*36 metal screen. I have a challenge keeping the humidity up. Because of this I want to build a custom enclosure. I was going to do 20" deep, 36" wide and 42" tall. Heres where my debate lies. I'm going to do a solid glass back and the other three sides will be half glass and half screen. First question is that I was wondering if I should put the glass up top to catch the misting droplets or keep it low to hold the fog in till it billows over the top.
My other question is will this enclosure be too big? I want to give him plenty of room to roam and climb. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure it won't be too big...but I can't answer your other question. I always used exoterra type cages that were all glass with screen lids. Where you live might make a difference on what's best.

I live in southern Oregon east of the siskiyous. 4200 ft asl, Alpine desert climate. Snow in the winter and down to -27 and hot and dry Summers temps up to 105. I have an all screen one like I mentioned and humidity will not stay up 3specially if I have his basking lamp on. The fogger helps dramatically but am still having 5o manually mist atleaat once every 2 hours. The most humidni can get it is about 75 (mind you it's the cheapo hygrometer by zilla) with an average of about 60. I have the sides and back closed off to help with humidity cause of his age.

This is it right now. I'm going to go get something else to cover the sides, at the time that's all I had on hand.

Attachments

• 1516550005401734972644.jpg
    1516550005401734972644.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom