dehydrated urine?

Zazza

Hi, it's my first Chameleon, i'm from Chile ??

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male Veiled Chameleon 11 month old, 1 week with me
  • Handling - it's difficult not to try to handling, but i'm trying to only if its necesary so in this week like 3 times.
  • Feeding -the first 2 days he did not want to eat, but after that he has eaten every other day, 2 adults locust / grasshopper. betwen 12-13pm
  • Supplements -for the moment i only have the exoterra multivitamin and the calcium + D, that only give him once. i know i have to find de calcium withoutD
  • Watering - I handwatering for the moment 2 times a day for like 30 second.
  • Fecal Description - in the first poop the urine was almost full yellow / orange, so i noticed dehydrated, but 1 week later the color of the urine it's almost white with little yellow but improving.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - exoterra Large/X-tall - Glass - 90 x 45 x 90 cm / 36” x 18” x 36” (WxDxH)
  • Lighting - exoterra t8 reptiglo UVB 10.0 and reptibasking spot lamp 100w from zoomed, 12 on 12 off
  • Temperature - in the basking 86f-30c medium and bottom between 68f-75f 20c-24c, and in the night the temperature drop to 61f- 16c
  • Humidity - 70% until an hour after the mist, after that 50%. in the night after the mist remains in 90%.
  • Plants - only live plant and moss.
  • Placement -is located in my work area, 46'' from the floo.
  • Location - Chile

Current Problem - in the first poop the urine was almost full yellow / orange, so i noticed dehydrated, but 1 week later the color of the urine it's almost white with little yellow so i guess is improving. i will show you pics.
so the questions is do i have to worry or the improvement is slow? thx

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-18 at 14.43.04.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-18 at 14.43.04.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 125
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-18 at 14.43.04 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-18 at 14.43.04 (1).jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 109
  • anacleto set up.jpeg
    anacleto set up.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 117
  • anaclet.jpeg
    anaclet.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 106
yes I've seen him drink water, as i said i have the cham a week ago, and the first urine was all orange, and in the photos that i attach, 1 week later, it seem more white.
Urates are looking much better... :) It is normal to see a bit of yellow or orange. Not like the first pic but like in the second. So his hydration level is much better since being with you.

Back
Top Bottom