DeepBlue T-5 double bulb HO fixture

ktravelet

Has anyone used these form lightyourreptiles.com?

My freerange is approx 4 feet tall so I'm thinking the 12% UV would be best and a full spectrum bulb for my plants. The price seems right for the quality and the bulb output. I'll have to check if I get it, but I think these put out enough heat I migh tnot even need a basking bulb.

Right now im using a fixture that has 1 tube (reptisun), + 3 screwins (26w CFL), and I also have a 60w basking dome.

I have about a year old female veiled BTW.

Thanks!

I doubt they would produce enough heat at the required distance it should be for your cham, but they are quality fixtures. My 46incht5/ 12% combo will be here tomorrow,:D

I would advise not going with the 12% unless you have a solarmater

I doubt they would produce enough heat at the required distance it should be for your cham, but they are quality fixtures. My 46incht5/ 12% combo will be here tomorrow,:D

I would advise not going with the 12% unless you have a solarmater

No solarmeter here. I cant imaging it would be stronger than the sun? Theres plenty of shade in my fixture if she needs to get away.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Can you post before and after pictures of the light output?

Thanks!

A 12% is too strong for our purposes. The only reason people buy a 12% is that in conjunction with a solarmeter you can mount it higher and as the bulb gets weaker you lower the mounting so it comes closer and closer to your setup. Without a solarmeter you cannot accurately know how much UVB your animal is getting.

I can't speak for the fixture, but the arcadia 6% bulb would be good for your UVB needs and a 6500K full spectrum bulb will help your plants grow nicely. However, as coldblooded said, neither of these generate enough heat (or focus it) to be used as a basking spot; you will need a basking bulb as well.

Back
Top Bottom