Deep discounted t5 lights - Prime Day

OldWorldChams

Established Member

Attachments

• BE04E24D-8BFC-4DDF-89E9-B03F6BD1DC67.jpeg
    BE04E24D-8BFC-4DDF-89E9-B03F6BD1DC67.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 49
I must be dreaming! $65 for the quad four foot is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You save almost 100 bucks...wowowow
I have been accumulating a few over the past months for around $100. Normally they are listed for $160 and have a $60 coupon bringing the price down to $100, but it can only be used once per order.
Being able to buy multiple at $65 is very good. I may have gone a little overboard. Ha!

I go with no name led bars look just like jungle dawn same cords for jumper and everything. I have both. Josh frogs has them in 4 ft

I like the quads... Especially when you raise them off the top a few inches. This lets airflow still circulate... For females most do not need a heat fixture either due to the temps four bulbs in a quad will put out. Then if you have a hybrid your temps are a bit warmer. So for a male a heat fixture may not be needed.

I think it depends on a lot of factors. My Jackson's chameleon was literally starstruck with the arcadia light. He wouldn't move away from it. He was like a deer in the headlights. He wouldn't go to the basking zone, he wouldn't move at all. He would just be pancaked under the jungle dawn all day. I have heard similar stories with other montane species of chameleons who may not have access to the sun all day (seems to be hit or miss, its not a problem with all jacksonii either, just some individuals). So I switched over to the quad vivosun lights and they didn't have the same "deer in the headlights" effect on him which is super nice. Additionally, the vivosun quad fixture gives me the equivalent amount of light as a jungle dawn gives.

Even if I didn't have a jacksons who pancaked all day under a jungle dawn, I still would consider vivosun. They are nice lights. They do produce heat, but not super strong. You can let the cage warm up naturally with minimal basking light usage, especially during the summer.

I will admit that I am biased towards vivosun because their lights did solve my problem. But they are good lights that shouldn't be dismissed by keepers. Like all equipment, you have to pick the tool that works best for you.

I like the quads... Especially when you raise them off the top a few inches. This lets airflow still circulate... For females most do not need a heat fixture either due to the temps four bulbs in a quad will put out. Then if you have a hybrid your temps are a bit warmer. So for a male a heat fixture may not be needed.
I agree with this 100%

Back
Top Bottom