• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Votes: 4 6.9%

• Votes: 1 1.7%

• Votes: 2 3.4%

• Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In my dreams I have carpet chameleons, Jacksons, Parsons, Brookesia micra, trioceras montium and let’s throw a Kinyongia on that list. However, reality has graciously provided me with my beautiful veileds and a handsome panther.

I have kept all those species except the Brookesia. I have to say I have considered picking up a pair of Brookesia. Although that has taken the best part of three decades for me to accomplish. That goal of keeping those species is not something to give up on at all. There are plenty of other colorful species of chameleons out there that are not endangered species that should be available for chameleon keepers to purchase. There are other chameleon species with spectacular colors. Those of you that are attracted to Veileds and Panther chameleons colors. The genus Bradypodion, Trioceros, Kinyongia and Furcifer are good places to look.

As I have stated before though. For me chameleons are not all about just fancy colors. Rostral blades, horns, tye dye colors, gular crest, dorsal crest (sail fins), and giant size make them spectacular to me. Those chameleons are not being represented in the photo contests.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Beman Sorry. I not trying to put anyone on the spot. I am just attempting to regain some more range of species to the photo contests. That is something I think they are lacking. For me it is a variety is a spice of life type thing.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I agree. But I do have a wish list... I think for me starting out with more common species that there is a ton of info on was more fitting. I stress too much and if I got any of my dream chams I would be a wreck if there was not a lot of info out there. I am hopeful that in the future I will have the skill set and confidence to dive into keeping the other species that I love.

I have kept all those species except the Brookesia. I have to say I have considered picking up a pair of Brookesia. Although that has taken the best part of three decades for me to accomplish. That goal of keeping those species is not something to give up on at all. There are plenty of other colorful species of chameleons out there that are not endangered species that should be available for chameleon keepers to purchase. There are other chameleon species with spectacular colors. Those of you that are attracted to Veileds and Panther chameleons colors. The genus Bradypodion, Trioceros, Kinyongia and Furcifer are good places to look.

As I have stated before though. For me chameleons are not all about just fancy colors. Rostral blades, horns, tye dye colors, gular crest, dorsal crest (sail fins), and giant size make them spectacular to me. Those chameleons are not being represented in the photo contests.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I love the many different characteristics that the less common chams have. Last year when I got my first chameleon, it was something I just kind of stumbled into. Perhaps in time and with more experience, I’ll be able to fulfill some of my dreams. :)

The information is out there. You just have to research more the species you are interested about some. There is good information about Trioceros, Bradypodion, Kinyongia and Furcifer species being kept and bred out there. Actually the Chameleon Forums species database would be a good place to look when it is completed.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
The Results

1st place: Action Jackson
Species: Calumma parsonii
Common: Parson's Chameleon
Sex:

2nd place: Ben
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon
Sex: Male

3rd place: janjan20
Species: Chamaeleo calyptratus
Common: Veiled Chameleon
Sex: Male

If you are not familiar with how the contest works then please review the contest rules.

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 08 => 5 pts (Action Jackson)
photo 09 => 3 pts (Ben)
photo 06 => 1 pts (janjan20)

judge rankings
There were no judges for the December 2020 contest.

Note
Thank you to everyone that participated!
If anyone has a suggestion on how to improve the contest please create a new thread in the photo contest or feedback forum; if you prefer to remain anonymous you're welcome to send me an email or private message.

Medals have been awarded.
Congratulations to the winners :) :D

Back
Top Bottom