• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Votes: 4 6.9%

• Votes: 1 1.7%

• Votes: 2 3.4%

• Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was the purpose of that shot to capture the babies and one of the babies spying the camera in a photo.

There are plenty of species of chameleons that have got great colors that do not win or are not posted. However, bigger issue than just colors, there are anatomical traits that seem to not receive recognition as much as they should such as sail fins, horns, roastral blades, gular crest, tye dye colors (other that just rainbow colors) that never are acknowledged. There probably always going to be Furcifer pardalis and Chamaeleo calypatratus. However now would be a good time to start adding some rarer species to the photo contest voting. There are plenty of worthy species!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I think most of us have panther’s and veiled’s, so the pictures will always be dominated by these beautiful animals. I had a t. Hoehnelii place second last month. I’m with you about loving the variety, but most of us don’t keep the exotics

Oh, I thought that was the intention of the photo... More artsy with focus on the one baby that was looking at the camera. You should submit it for the calendar. I really loved it.

I think people vote for the Panthers more then anything else... Unfortunately. Yes Veileds get entered but honestly unless it is a shot of one totally fired up they often are overlooked for their beauty.

I love seeing the exotic species personally. I just think they don't get voted on because we have a lot of newbies that are so taken with the panther colors. BUT that is just my opinion lol
I completely agree, glad I'm not the only one with that opinion

I tend to vote not just on which chameleon is the most beautiful, but which pic is most interesting as well as the quality of the pic. While I think all of the submissions are wonderful, there’s always at least 2-3 pics that really stand out IMO. If having to choose between 2 equally amazing pics of let’s say a panther vs a more exotic species, I will always choose the more exotic. But that’s just me.

I think most of us have panther’s and veiled’s, so the pictures will always be dominated by these beautiful animals. I had a t. Hoehnelii place second last month. I’m with you about loving the variety, but most of us don’t keep the exotics

The other species are being kept and out there, they just not on the Chameleon Forums as much as they used to be in the past. When they do show up they are overlooked. My male Calumma oshaughnessyi photo was a great photo and got one or two votes? However in the past photo contest the rarer species appeared to be overlooked then too.

I voted for the Trioceros hoehnelii last month. That is a species I want to keep again some time too.

Best Regard
Jeremy A. Rich

I tend to vote not just on which chameleon is the most beautiful, but which pic is most interesting as well as the quality of the pic. While I think all of the submissions are wonderful, there’s always at least 2-3 pics that really stand out IMO. If having to choose between 2 equally amazing pics of let’s say a panther vs a more exotic species, I will always choose the more exotic. But that’s just me.
You have the right thought about it, this is how I vote too!

The other species are being kept and out there, they just not on the Chameleon Forums as much as they used to be in the past. When they do show up they are overlooked. My male Calumma oshaughnessyi photo was a great photo and got one or two votes? However in the past photo contest the rarer species appeared to be overlooked then too.

I voted for the Trioceros hoehnelii last month. That is a species I want to keep again some time too.

Best Regard
Jeremy A. Rich
If I get them going I’ll let you know 😊

Come on! Show me something interesting! Some one post something other than Panther and Veiled Chameleons.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
In my dreams I have carpet chameleons, Jacksons, Parsons, Brookesia micra, trioceras montium and let’s throw a Kinyongia on that list. However, reality has graciously provided me with my beautiful veileds and a handsome panther.

Back
Top Bottom