MoriFeeders
Sticky Tongue Farms
Critter Depot
Calcigrubs
Reptile Supply
Mantis Place
Rebecca Wang Art

1st place: $50 gift certificate :cool:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of our sponsors listed above.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: December 13, 2020
  • To enter the contest click here and look for the Add Media button.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the entry deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules.

dates
entry deadline: December 13
voting: December 14 - December 31
contest results will be announced on January 2 2020

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest and feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Thanks Beman. No Brad said the photo was out of focus. I though the part of the photo of the babies was okay. The part of the photo with the baby spying the camera was in focus. ???

I have come to think the photo contests are biased with some questionable photo's winning and other great photo's not wining. I am not just talking about my entries. I think the contest favor Furcifer pardalis and Chamaeleo calypatratus and overlook more exotic species.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Thanks Beman. No Brad said the photo was out of focus. I though the part of the photo of the babies was okay. The part of the photo with the baby spying the camera was in focus. ???

I have come to think the photo contests are biased with some questionable photo's winning and other great photo's not wining. I am not just talking about my entries. I think the contest favor Furcifer pardalis and Chamaeleo calypatratus and overlook more exotic species.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Oh, I thought that was the intention of the photo... More artsy with focus on the one baby that was looking at the camera. You should submit it for the calendar. I really loved it.

I think people vote for the Panthers more then anything else... Unfortunately. Yes Veileds get entered but honestly unless it is a shot of one totally fired up they often are overlooked for their beauty.

I love seeing the exotic species personally. I just think they don't get voted on because we have a lot of newbies that are so taken with the panther colors. BUT that is just my opinion lol

Oh, I thought that was the intention of the photo... More artsy with focus on the one baby that was looking at the camera. You should submit it for the calendar. I really loved it.

I think people vote for the Panthers more then anything else... Unfortunately. Yes Veileds get entered but honestly unless it is a shot of one totally fired up they often are overlooked for their beauty.

I love seeing the exotic species personally. I just think they don't get voted on because we have a lot of newbies that are so taken with the panther colors. BUT that is just my opinion lol

That was the purpose of that shot to capture the babies and one of the babies spying the camera in a photo.

There are plenty of species of chameleons that have got great colors that do not win or are not posted. However, bigger issue than just colors, there are anatomical traits that seem to not receive recognition as much as they should such as sail fins, horns, roastral blades, gular crest, tye dye colors (other that just rainbow colors) that never are acknowledged. There probably always going to be Furcifer pardalis and Chamaeleo calypatratus. However now would be a good time to start adding some rarer species to the photo contest voting. There are plenty of worthy species!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom