Death of A Chameleon - R.I.P. Kyú - I love you buddy

trickedoutbiker

Avid Member
My Chameleon died today. He was an Ambilobe Panther Chameleon. I knew it was coming because he was starting to get slow here lately and didn't want to eat or drink as much. He was also beginning to lose his balance. I came home today and wifey had bad news for me. She said she found him at the bottom of the cage today while I was at work and she took him out of the cage and kept him warm and held him, and he literally died right there in her hands. Seeing him when I got home..... and having to bury him..... it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I never thought in a million years it would feel like this, but I've cried probably 10 times now. And knowing he was held as he died rips me apart. I wish I was there. I wish there was something I could of done in his last moments and I pray to God that he went peacefully.

I haven't posted here in a while. I do apologize for that. But I needed to get this out. To vent a bit so to speak. And I know each and every one of you here can probably relate. You most certainly can bond with a reptile. Don't let anyone ever try to tell you different. Kyú was my best friend. So many good times together. Watching him grow was an awesome experience, and I talked to him when I felt nobody else wanted to listen. Kyú listened though - and even though it all probably translated to "would you like more tasty bugs sir?" to him - he was always happy to see me. I loved making his fat little tummy happy. We had many good years together my friend.

You will truly be missed Kyú. Gone but never forgotten. ???
Rest in peace little buddy.

I have no idea what is next for me on this path, but I want to forever be a part of this community. You guys have always been great here.

To Kyú and all Chameleons everywhere.
❤?????

So sorry - i have a ambilobe panther who is the sweetest thing. He loves to come out and sit on my shoulder and hang out. I would be devastated if anything happened, so I understand.

My Chameleon died today. He was an Ambilobe Panther Chameleon. I knew it was coming because he was starting to get slow here lately and didn't want to eat or drink as much. He was also beginning to lose his balance. I came home today and wifey had bad news for me. She said she found him at the bottom of the cage today while I was at work and she took him out of the cage and kept him warm and held him, and he literally died right there in her hands. Seeing him when I got home..... and having to bury him..... it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I never thought in a million years it would feel like this, but I've cried probably 10 times now. And knowing he was held as he died rips me apart. I wish I was there. I wish there was something I could of done in his last moments and I pray to God that he went peacefully.

I haven't posted here in a while. I do apologize for that. But I needed to get this out. To vent a bit so to speak. And I know each and every one of you here can probably relate. You most certainly can bond with a reptile. Don't let anyone ever try to tell you different. Kyú was my best friend. So many good times together. Watching him grow was an awesome experience, and I talked to him when I felt nobody else wanted to listen. Kyú listened though - and even though it all probably translated to "would you like more tasty bugs sir?" to him - he was always happy to see me. I loved making his fat little tummy happy. We had many good years together my friend.

You will truly be missed Kyú. Gone but never forgotten. ???
Rest in peace little buddy.

I have no idea what is next for me on this path, but I want to forever be a part of this community. You guys have always been great here.

To Kyú and all Chameleons everywhere.
❤?????
So sorry for your loss. Your words brought tears to my eyes. I can see you are truly sad and it makes me wish my cham has many years left to spend with me.

sorry for your loss.they become our friends and its hard to let them go. At least he lived a long happy life and is now dreaming peacefully about being with you and eating his favorite little snacks on your arm.:)

Back
Top Bottom