Dead Cham

Krank

My 6 month old cham "krank" just died yesterday morning. He died of lack of vitamin and i feel 100% responsible. He would not eat and would not digest. I'm guessing i wasnt ready for one. If anyone can give me an idea of a pet that would be as cool and fun as a chameleon but not as hard to keep care of please, leave a comment.

R.I.P Krank:(

I'm sorry for your loss....

Have you considered crested geckos? They are super easy and really fun. They live in similar enclosures as chams and I suggest Repashy MRP food. You can order it online from Pangea reptile.

Sorry to hear that:( Snakes are definatly cool but there is nothing like a chameleon. Maybe review your husbandry and see where you went wrong. Learning from mistakes is a part of life and believe me when I say that I have made my share of mistakes in life. Its when you dont learn from them that makes them even bigger. Like I said. Review your husbandry, maybe post up all your cage, supps, lighting, and etc. specs for everyone to help correct what needs to be then build your confidence back up and go for another try. Good luck and I hope you find yourself an animal that is very rewarding to you.

What kind of cham was Krank? Was he a veiled or something else. I go along with cainschams. Read, Read, Read and make sure you have everything right before you get a new cham.

sorry

sorry about your cham

hang in there, learn from your mistakes and at least the loss will expand you understanding.....i lost my first cham becaue i was clueless, i actually have 10 today (6 babies)

sean

ps bearded dragons an iguanas are easier and i think they are cool as well

well chameleons are not hard to look after as long as you have thew right enclousure and do your homework..if you know where you went wrong and make sure you get ir right this time then maybe you can get another one..what chameleon was it you got?

i recommend praying mantis! They are as interesting as chameleon and I love to see them hunt for food.

Krank was a veiled. I probly wont be getting a cham for a long time. He died when i got home from a friends house. I knew he was going to die and i didnt want to see it happen. We put him in a box and i didnt want to see him in there I just wanted to remember how he was when he was alive.

I burried him near my dog Ellie who was the best friend I had. I might not even get another pet.

I am so sorry to read of little Krank passing. Chameleons can be difficult to keep.

Let us know what you decide on for a new pet, and post some photos under the general photography forum here.

I'm sorry for your loss....

Have you considered crested geckos? They are super easy and really fun. They live in similar enclosures as chams and I suggest Repashy MRP food. You can order it online from Pangea reptile.

Great suggestion Kenya, creasted gecko's are great. and if you look around enough you can find some really really nice looking lizards, try Sundialreptile.com

So Sorry for your loss. Besides chameleons, I also have crested and leopard geckos. Both are easy to keep. Leopards come in some awesome colors and require a simple aquarium with a screened top. Check out www.geckoforums.com. They have a wealth of information.

i think to me beardies are pretty dang basic and if you can manage to foul that up, it might be time to give up on herps.

double check your husbandry, and see you can't correct what you didn't get right the first time, learn from mistakes, don't run from the situation.

also, maybe you just weren't ready for chams, or they might require a bit more work then you were willing to do , im not sure.

Ya I agree bearded dragons are a very easy and good pet. The only bad thing is there poop smells kinda bad, but other than that man i would go with that route if you want to stick with reptiles.

Sorry to hear about your chameleon...that's always hard.

Crested geckos are fun, but they are nocturnal so you don't see them much during the daytime. I do really like them though and they are not hard to take care of at all. Otherwise, I absolutely LOVE bearded dragons. I breed them too if you are interested. They are very easy and a lot of fun to watch. They have great personality and enjoy being held a lot more than a chameleon.

I am sad to hear your news. I know the awful feeling of finding a cham that has died. I can't describe how I felt that day--as if my heart was in my feet. Such an awful feeling. Since then, I head to the vet as soon as there are any indications of a problem that I haven't encountered.

Peace be with you.

Allen

Sorry to hear about your chameleon...that's always hard.

Crested geckos are fun, but they are nocturnal so you don't see them much during the daytime. I do really like them though and they are not hard to take care of at all. Otherwise, I absolutely LOVE bearded dragons. I breed them too if you are interested. They are very easy and a lot of fun to watch. They have great personality and enjoy being held a lot more than a chameleon.

I might go with a bearded my friend has one and they are awesome they like being handled and look cool too. He also has crested which is cool for an animal who just chills, and Krank's Dad:( but ill let you know when i make my decision.

Back
Top Bottom