DC movies Flawed???

chamguy

I don't know how successful this thread will be ( depending on the superhero fans of the past) but I would like to hear your thoughts.

By now everyone is familar with Marvel's Movies and the new Avengers. There are plans for many more Marvel movies as well as 3 Avengers total. But what about DC????

DC started out great with the new Batman trilogy. The Dark Knight Broke many box office records. The 2nd story of The Green Lantern wasn't great, but I wouldn't say it was a flop. There are going to be 2 releases this year of another, final Batman, and a Man of Steel movie to add to the DC list.

The only issue is they are not makeing these as a "shared universe" like Marvel did. In other words, each movie is in its own world, and not connected to the others so there are no plans for any cross overs. so dose that mean no Justice League???? Now Christopher Nolan is Behind the Superman and Batman films so this is his decision "apparently". He wants to keep them origional instead of brining them all together and watering down each other's character. I can understand that, if you weren't building up to anything big.

I am a HUGE fan of DC, more so than Marvel ( for now) and Since the first batman came out ( Batman Begins that is) I have been looking for cross overs and a Justice League Movie. The odds seem slim tho.

what do you think?

im not a fan of the DC universe really. batman is one thing but green lantern? come on.

granted all the the original xmen movies sucked hard, except for the nightcrawler in the whitehouse scene.

i was okay with the spiderman movies, they just had an unwarranted amount of corny (ty sam raimi)

as far as integrating dc movies like they are with the avengers is going to be difficult because when you look at the different themes portayed. batman fighting corruption, superman saving the world from an extinction level event, green lantern....idk

im pretty biased though, i just dont like DC except for batman.

Always been more of a Marvel than DC fan. Marvel has hit the mark with Iron Man and Robert Downey. This will spill over into the Avengers. You will always get the fan boys but it's about mainstream appeal that keeps these going. I do however like Batman even though I thought Heath Ledger as the Joker carried the whole movie. I go see all the comic movies. I just prefer the Marvel ones.

Back
Top Bottom