Daylight savings time

Chachi

Established Member
My chameleons all seem to be going to sleep pretty early now. When i get home at 7, the young ones are already sleeping. I was thinking that I should turn their mister off earlier too. When do any of you stop misting

My misters come on when my humidity drops below a set point. When all the lights are out, the cage keeps its humidity a little better. Humidity is naturally higher at night. I've noticed my Cham tends to fall asleep right before lights out each night. My timer is set to the actual sunset based on longitude. I think it's his way of telling me that daylight savings is BS.

My misters come on when my humidity drops below a set point. When all the lights are out, the cage keeps its humidity a little better. Humidity is naturally higher at night. I've noticed my Cham tends to fall asleep right before lights out each night. My timer is set to the actual sunset based on longitude. I think it's his way of telling me that daylight savings is BS.
So, you keep your misters on, really all night? You never let your cage dry out? Mmmmmm. I thought it was best to turn everything off at night to let it get dry. You know, so mold doesnt grow.

Everything is on a timer for me during the day mister Lights everything. I live in New England so it's easier for me to drop my humidity during the cold months and I drop the lighting down by an hour and a half. During the summer and winter I use a humidifier and a heater in the winter. Which is also on a timer but when the humidity drops or it gets too cold for my radiant temperature. It goes on

So, you keep your misters on, really all night? You never let your cage dry out? Mmmmmm. I thought it was best to turn everything off at night to let it get dry. You know, so mold doesnt grow.
They won't run at night, maybe once after sundown. My temp drops at night, thus the humidity stays a little higher. Even during the day, with proper ventilation, the enclosure completely drys out between misting.

I'm just the opposite I have a humidifier on a controller, and it hardly ever comes on during the day wile the misters are working, but it runs nearly all night.

I never mist after 4:00 this time of year.
Jan, I usually turn stuff off when the sun sits near the horizon. But thats going to be about 5 oclock starting in Nov. I think your 4 oclock thing will be perfect for us too

Back
Top Bottom