Day time humidity

Rhea’s mum

Established Member
Hi all. Just wanted the opinion of some more experienced keepers.
I’m struggling to get my day time humidity below 50%. It never gets above 60%after an hour of the lights on.
I know veileds do better with low humidity during the day and high at night. I have hooked up a small desk fan to aid with air circulation through the mesh enclosure.
As long as there is good air flow, should I be worried about it being on the high side? She is eating/drinking/ pooping fine and no gaping at all. Temps are good too and I’ve had my husbandry checked (it’s a bioactive).
I also try and open the door as well once she has eaten any flying food I’ve put in.

Personally, at 60% I wouldn't worry. Higher than that though and you have a home humidity issue and not just a cage issue. I'd be more worried about water damage in your house than your cham struggling(mold grows at prolonged periods of 60ish%+). RI happens from lack of ventilation accompanied by poor care/high stress.

Say what you want about chams living in the FL wild, they aren't dropping from RIs out there. Nature tends to have decent ventilation lol.

Back
Top Bottom