Day one! The nerves, and excitement!

Curtis James

Established Member
452F78A7-2B0C-4ED8-BFFB-331D2366AD4D.jpeg

All that room to hang and he wants to climb the roof! Grr!

What's weird is my little man hasn't hung on the side or upside down on his cage once. Isn't it a sign that something isn't right in their Viv if theyre climbing on the screens?

What's weird is my little man hasn't hung on the side or upside down on his cage once. Isn't it a sign that something isn't right in their Viv if theyre climbing on the screens?
I remember reading somewhere that it's normal for them to climb on the screens for the first day or so because they're figuring out their habitat. If it goes on for a long time, then that's a sign their enclosure is not comfortable

My vote is no, not weird for a baby. Both my baby veileds did this for a bit while babies. They would especially like to hang upside near the basking light (which is raised a few inches). They did all sorts of things that made a new mom paranoid, but grew out of (most of) them pretty quickly.

Now that my boy is older, however, he only does it if he is hunting crickets, or if he is protesting that his free range time is up! He will crawl on the screen wherever I am like “i’ll be good!”

No. My Cham used to do it all the time. He used to be all over the top at the UVB lights. Now that he’s old and lazy now he’s stopped.

Back
Top Bottom