Dart Frogs

kingspade18

Established Member
Does anyone here keep dart frogs?? Been thinking of getting some and just have some questions about them.

You can keep the same locale together female heavy. All depends what size tank your useing.
I think 5 gal. per frog.

I've had my two dart frogs for 8 years now. They are great and easy once set up. The best thing about them is no one harasses you for having a waterfall in the tank!

I've had my two dart frogs for 8 years now. They are great and easy once set up. The best thing about them is no one harasses you for having a waterfall in the tank!

Id like to pick your brain about them if thats cool

Well, of course! I can tell you what has worked for me. I have a 40 gallon breeder tank with a false bottom set-up. I run a waterfall through it with a fish filter (on the outside). There is a shallow pond in the tank also. They LOVE to spend time sitting in the pond! They also like to poop in the middle of the waterfall. It runs down a piece of wood and over some rocks. Also there are lots of plants. I think I've posted photos before. I'll see if I can find them.

Deb

Depends on the species. Some adult females get territorial and will fight until one dies (tincs, etc.). Dendrobates leucomelas (bumble bee) is a good community species, though.

Agreed.
Generally Dont mix types,
and for each type learn what groupings they prefer and how much space they need.

I'll harass you about it, if you like. Unless you are cleaning the inner workings, you are quite possibly allowing a bacterial soup for them to swim in ;)

Back
Top Bottom