Darker spikes on his back? normal/bad?

Aussie

I've recently noticed that my little cham's spikes on his back have turned slightly brown right at the tips. Could this be from a burn or is he just growing up? The closest his branches are to the ceiling of his cage is about 6-8 inches and he's only 2 months old so I don't think he could have actually burned them on the screen or anything. His lights are also tipped back slightly so that they're not resting directly on the metal screen. Is it possible that he's just growing up and getting more color? If anyone has some info please let me know so I can keep my little dude safe :D

a picture would really be the best way for us to help. it could maybe be the begining or a shed, but at tht age most of my chams start and finish a shed in a day if not hours.

Alright I'll try to take one tomorrow. It's a very small part that has turned brown so idk if it'll show up in the pics but i'll try. I noticed the coloring a couple days ago so I don't really think its a shed. Also its barely noticeable, just slightly brown/orange along his nose/eye ridge things and a little on his cask and then some on his spikes. It's probably just his coloring but I just want to make sure.

http://www.aandersonphoto.com/Other/Roger-2/21317503_jFBZ4w#!i=1709029646&k=djktXZj&lb=1&s=X3 here are some pics, you can really tell in them but you can try to zoom in maybe

Thanks!

as his spikes grow in, youll notice they arent green like his body.
they will go brown/orange/black/grey or varying shades over time.
just him growing up.
nothing weird.

Haha alright just making sure. It didn't seem like a problem but if it was I wanted to fix whatever was wrong before he got sick again.

Thanks everyone :D

Back
Top Bottom