Dark Colours

Kays04

My female veiled chameleon has been showing her dark colours for a few days now only getting brighter when she's sleeping. What can be causes of this?

umm im still not an expert on chameleons yet but i would say it is stress, like she is stressed in the day due to something(maybe cage layout, colours) and relaxes at night
i dont fully no, thats just what i would think

She's not gravid, just really moody.

DSC01079.jpg

Really pretty cham! She looks about the age where she is just trying out her colors or maybe shd just can see something she's not really happy with.

I think she's trying to be a leopard (the spots on her resemble leopard spots). I came home from work to find her dark brown (solid). I worry about her size. She seems small/thin. Is it just me?

P.S. I'm not sure exactly how old she is but I've had her for a year so I'm guessing one and a half?!?

Last edited:
I was worried about those too. Her urine is normal color and she has constant water source.

Question: do the wrinkles down her side indicate dehydration at all?

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that (some) loose skin on her side is normal BECAUSE - she isn't blowing herself up - you know to flatten out to bask, to make herself look bigger ecetera. Her skin is just relaxed now. I believe that dehydration can be seen more in the eyes. They become sunken rather than bulgy. Senior members can chime in and tell you better than I.

Is she drinking properly? What are her humidity levels?

umm im still not an expert on chameleons yet but i would say it is stress, like she is stressed in the day due to something(maybe cage layout, colours) and relaxes at night
i dont fully no, thats just what i would think

Joe, you don't know how refreshing it is to see that you (even as a newbie) understand what stress is all about. Kudos dude. :)

Sorry people, still thinking about another newbie on here who isn't getting it about stress. :mad:

I don't see her drink much but as I mentioned above her urine is normal colour and she has a constant water source. She's shy with drinking in front of me. Her humidity is about 30% when not misting.

Back
Top Bottom