Dark Colour Around Mouth

Maybe take him back to the vet or go to a different vet?
I just don’t know what vet to trust cause the last one that I took him too he didn’t even hold him or really look at him and didn’t tell me anything that I didn’t know and it cost me $115

I just don’t know what vet to trust cause the last one that I took him too he didn’t even hold him or really look at him and didn’t tell me anything that I didn’t know and it cost me $115
Do some googling and call ahead for a quote and to ask if they have experience with chameleons

Always ask if the have experience with reptiles and follow up with experience caring for chameleons. Most vets only deal with mammals and "exotic" vets care for anything from birds, more uncommon mammals, and common reptile species such as bearded dragons, snakes, geckos. Chameleons sometimes have health issues that are unique to them such as tongue problems. Tongue related issues can be caused by several underlying problems such as nutrition, injury, vitamin deficiency, and so on.

Chameleons are also notorious for hiding symptoms and appearing healthy from a visual stand point. Sometimes blood work or x-rays are needed to reveal whats going on inside their little bodies.

Don't give up on your search for the right vet. Always ask if the vet you called have any recommendations if they do not possess the experience to care for your cham.

Hope you find some solutions for your buddy

Always ask if the have experience with reptiles and follow up with experience caring for chameleons. Most vets only deal with mammals and "exotic" vets care for anything from birds, more uncommon mammals, and common reptile species such as bearded dragons, snakes, geckos. Chameleons sometimes have health issues that are unique to them such as tongue problems. Tongue related issues can be caused by several underlying problems such as nutrition, injury, vitamin deficiency, and so on.

Chameleons are also notorious for hiding symptoms and appearing healthy from a visual stand point. Sometimes blood work or x-rays are needed to reveal whats going on inside their little bodies.

Don't give up on your search for the right vet. Always ask if the vet you called have any recommendations if they do not possess the experience to care for your cham.

Hope you find some solutions for your buddy
Thank you so much !

Back
Top Bottom