Dark colour and eyes closed

Ahhh check! Thank you for the clarification! I’ll get hands on pure calcium, untill then I won’t dust the feeders at all to prevent mineral overdose.
Improve the gutloading with leafy greens and vary more in feeders, check the uvb output of my lamp, lower the basking temperature and raise the humidity at night with my fogger! That should sum up my actions now! I’ll keep everyone in touch, thanks for all the help so far!
Your welcome. Remember do not use the multivitamin with D3 for 3-4 weeks so she can clear the excess from her tissues. Let us know what questions you have as they come up. :)

last night I moved both the UVB and basking light 4 inches up, and set up the fogger to be on for 5 minutes every 1,5 hours.

A little update for today: she is keeping her eyes open and has been walking around happily all morning eating leaves and 5 non dusted crickets. She also seems to be a little ‘higher on her legs’. If nog for her gray colour I’d say she was fine! (At night she was white/blueish)

last night I moved both the UVB and basking light 4 inches up, and set up the fogger to be on for 5 minutes every 1,5 hours.

A little update for today: she is keeping her eyes open and has been walking around happily all morning eating leaves and 5 non dusted crickets. She also seems to be a little ‘higher on her legs’. If nog for her gray colour I’d say she was fine! (At night she was white/blueish)
That sounds progressing (y)
It could be her normal resting colour, especially because she´s blue veiled and maybe I real one. Mine was also sold as a blue, however she´s more pastel green during daytime and bright green in her pj´s.

That sounds progressing (y)
It could be her normal resting colour, especially because she´s blue veiled and maybe I real one. Mine was also sold as a blue, however she´s more pastel green during daytime and bright green in her pj´s.
So I have an interesting development: she just NEEDED to get out of her cage climbing straight onto my hand, I put her on one of my houseplants and immediately she changed to her ‘natural’ colours.... maybe she just doesn’t like her enclosure....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 107
How´s she doing now? Still desperate in getting out or has she accepted her enclosure?
she seems to be doing good! I checked the UVI level with the card. It seems to be between 5-6 on her basking/perching spot, which is the place where she can get the closest to the UV lamp.
She still really likes to explore the room her enclosure is in, maybe she is just curious? Since its in the room I'm studying I can keep an eye on her (if she wants I let her explore for around 30 minutes). However she seems a bit more accustomed to her enclosure as well.
She also likes the new feeders! so that makes that makes it easy to vary in her dinner.
Her colours are also better. Her black resting colour is a lot less dramatic and she turns all shades of green/blue when she is walking around my houseplants (I checked them if they are toxic, which they are not).
I also bought a infrared thermometer, so the temperatures in the cage are a bit more appropriate after moving the lamps up a little! I haven't seen her close her eyes anymore, so I guess she is doing better!

She still really likes to explore the room her enclosure is in, maybe she is just curious?
My girl is free-range, still give her chance to explore the living room, it’s getting less and less, because she starts to realize it’s okay within her own space.

She also likes the new feeders! so that makes that makes it easy to vary in her dinner.
Splendid, they love and need variation. Another feeder you could are Phoenix worms (bsfl), those they also really love and you don’t need to dust them with calcium.

I haven't seen her close her eyes anymore, so I guess she is doing better!
You did good 👌🏻 This is your result for it, enjoy her ✌🏻

My girl is free-range, still give her chance to explore the living room, it’s getting less and less, because she starts to realize it’s okay within her own space.

Splendid, they love and need variation. Another feeder you could are Phoenix worms (bsfl), those they also really love and you don’t need to dust them with calcium.

You did good 👌🏻 This is your result for it, enjoy her ✌🏻
I would love to free range I really like the idea of providing more space! However, I think my cat would be most happy about it.... As for the phoenix worms, I don't know where I would be able to get them, and they don't have them at my local reptile store. Thanks you! I really enjoy her :)

5-6 is high end for a Veiled. This is why I do not like the cards. They are not as accurate as the solarmeter 6.5

With an arcadia T5 6% bulb in a single bulb fixture you want a full 9 inches to the branch below. This should put her right in a 3-4 UVI range.

5-6 is high end for a Veiled. This is why I do not like the cards. They are not as accurate as the solarmeter 6.5

With an arcadia T5 6% bulb in a single bulb fixture you want a full 9 inches to the branch below. This should put her right in a 3-4 UVI range.
Does the screen mesh interfere with the UV output? If I would place it in the cage would it need to be even more? I don't plan on doing so whatsoever, but I'm just curious.

I think the card is great for showing that the lamp at least is emitting UV light! however I do agree that it is not the most accurate thing you could use hahah

Does the screen mesh interfere with the UV output? If I would place it in the cage would it need to be even more? I don't plan on doing so whatsoever, but I'm just curious.

I think the card is great for showing that the lamp at least is emitting UV light! however I do agree that it is not the most accurate thing you could use hahah
No, I like that the card shows you that it is working but do not count on it for UVI level.

So yes, aluminum screen has roughly a 35-40% reduction of the uvb level. Which we account for in our placement on top including the fixture type and bulb strength. Always safer to have it on top outside the cage with any form of bulbs.

As for the phoenix worms, I don't know where I would be able to get them, and they don't have them at my local reptile store
https://www.bugsonline.eu/voedseldieren/calciumwormen/

I would love to free range I really like the idea of providing more space! However, I think my cat would be most happy about it
😱😱 the cat would definitely appreciate it. However already read stories here about cats going through the screen cage, so be careful.

No, I like that the card shows you that it is working but do not count on it for UVI level.
I didn’t even know you could read any values on the cards. Only that it provides UV or not 🤔

Back
Top Bottom