dark colors

John33871

when my veiled basks he turns a brown color. is he supposed to do this or is he blending with the branch because that is brown? i know the change colors to their moods, but is he turning brown because of the branch or is his basking light to hot? its in the high to mid 80s. thanks for any help or comments

when my veiled basks he turns a brown color. is he supposed to do this or is he blending with the branch because that is brown?
The branch has nothing to do with the color of your chameleon. Chameleons change color for many reasons. When it comes to heat regulation a chameleon will darken in order to absorb more heat, and lighten to absorb less.

i know the change colors to their moods, but is he turning brown because of the branch or is his basking light to hot? its in the high to mid 80s.
How old is your veiled chameleon? Your temperatures may be too low fore veileds.

I think he could be too cold, he most certainly isn't too hot as Veiled chameleons go very pale green when too hot. Going brown means he is absorbing the heat but soon afterwards he should go a nice shade of green when he's warmed up. If he remains under the basking light brown all the time then he is too cold I think and you need to increase the temperature.

Back
Top Bottom