dark colors?

caroline?

Avid Member
hii so today my jackson Cleo has been showing this dark strip, pretty much all day she ate fine but im just worried. dose anyone know why she is showing that color?
also people have said they can slow down eating before having babies, do they always do that? because she's huge and eating great and she didn't slow down or stop eating when she had her last clutch.View attachment 283064

im really nervous she's just getting darker and darker :(((

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 81
If she didn’t go off food on her last litter, then she might not on this one. Has your husbandry changed at all?

hii so today my jackson Cleo has been showing this dark strip, pretty much all day she ate fine but im just worried. dose anyone know why she is showing that color?
also people have said they can slow down eating before having babies, do they always do that? because she's huge and eating great and she didn't slow down or stop eating when she had her last clutch.View attachment 283064
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Your Chameleon - The species sex jackson chameleon and age of your chameleon i believe she's two but im not sure i got her as an adult How long has it been in your care? ive had her for almost 3 months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? every other day when i feed her because she runs into my hand lol
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? dubia roaches and super worms as treats What amount? 5-6 medium roachesWhat is the schedule? every other day How are you gut-loading your feeders? sweet potato,carrots,greens, apples
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? calcium without d3 every feeding
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? reptile dripper How often and how long to you mist?every morning and night for about a 45 seconds Do you see your chameleon drinking?yes
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. brown with white tip and she poops like once a week Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? no
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. she had 32 babies august 29th

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?)very large screen cage i dont know the measurements i got it used
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? idk but her cage is 80 at her basking spot and 60 at the bottom and im saving up for better lighting What is your daily lighting schedule?turn on at about 8am and off at 9pm
How do you measure these temps?tempter gun
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? im not sure
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? live plants- pothos,split leaf philodendron and some kind of tropical tree
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? it's in the corner of my room in front of a window she likes looking out of it lolAt what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? the top of her cage is the tallest thing in the room
Location - Where are you geographically located? texas

OK, I’ll give this a whirl:Your Chameleon - The species sex jackson chameleon and age of your chameleon i believe she's two but im not sure i got her as an adult How long has it been in your care? ive had her for almost 3 months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? every other day when i feed her because she runs into my hand lolSo, Jackson’s are known for their gregarious nature, but even the friendliest chams shouldn’t be clambering to get onto a potential predator everytime the cage opens. She might just want out.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? dubia roaches and super worms as treats You could add some more variety here. Crickets, silkworms and bsfl; as well as waxworms and hornworms. What amount? 5-6 medium roachesWhat is the schedule? every other day How are you gut-loading your feeders? sweet potato,carrots,greens, apples More specificity please. 2-3 medium sized feeders, 3 days/week is lots. How much high calcium greens vs. fruits are you using?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? calcium without d3 every feeding This might or might not be sufficient given the specifics of your gutloading regime and your uvb specs.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? reptile dripper How often and how long to you mist?every morning and night for about a 45 seconds Do you see your chameleon drinking?yes First, Jackson’s aren’t usually observed drinking—at least at my house. So a Jackson’s that goes readily to water all the time might not be having her/his hydration requirements met. Here’s what a lot of people are doing, and what I’ve found beneficial: dripper during the day, misting only when lists off. Maintain daytime humidity <50%, AND NIGHTIME HUMIDITY >100%.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. brown with white tip and she poops like once a week Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? no
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. she had 32 babies august 29th

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?)very large screen cage i dont know the measurements i got it used More specificity required.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? idk but her cage is 80 at her basking spot and 60 at the bottom and im saving up for better lighting What is your daily lighting schedule?turn on at about 8am and off at 9pmThis is an area that NEEDS more specificity. Montane species, like Jackson’s, have evolved in an environment that is at least 1000 meters closer to the sun than sea-level species. While they spend a lot of time in the foliage, when they are exposed to full sun, they see uvb levels well above uvi 7. What kind of uvb bulb are you using; how old is it; do you measure uvi with a solar meter?
How do you measure these temps?tempter gun
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? im not sure This is another area that need to be on point. Please get one or more good hygrometers and take humidity measurements through a 24 hour period.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? live plants- pothos,split leaf philodendron and some kind of tropical tree
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? it's in the corner of my room in front of a window she likes looking out of it lolAt what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? the top of her cage is the tallest thing in the room
Location - Where are you geographically located? texas

sorry for the parts i didn't specify on,
i rarely see her drink, i believe she has a 100 watt uvb that i replace every few months also and she doesn't run onto me unless im hand feeding her haha,
and im trying to get a job so i can buy her more feeders and other things i need im having a hard time affording stuff for her because most of my money just went into buying a car that runs :/
and also she's looking a lot better now idk what happened earlier ??‍♂️
and how much should i feed her?

any recommended products for things i should get her?

Back
Top Bottom