Dark coloring and enclosure move

I’m going to Disney in about a week and my cham is going to be babysat by a friend of mine who owns some reptiles. Yesterday I placed just about 10 plants in his enclosure so he can have more areas to hide and keep up the humidity in there some more. — he’s been at the top and dark a lot. Do you think this is the cause of the slight movement in his enclosure?

Do you have a t5 Ho with a reptisun 5.0 or an Arcadia 6% long linear bulb? Target doesn’t sell the kind of uvb bulbs he needs. For basking he needs a halogen or incandescent household bulb probably around 60 watt. No LED bulbs because they don’t give off enough heat.

Do you have a t5 Ho with a reptisun 5.0 or an Arcadia 6% long linear bulb? Target doesn’t sell the kind of uvb bulbs he needs. For basking he needs a halogen or incandescent household bulb probably around 60 watt. No LED bulbs because they don’t give off enough heat.
He does have a 60 watt. I got it at my target and showed it to the forum earlier and got a thumbs up for it and people said it was okay to use. It is not a LED bulb and it heats fine. I have a reptisun for him and placed sideways on the top of his enclosure. He is currently in a holder tank because his other one broke, so he is getting a new, large one this Christmas after a big trip. Yes, he does have a incandescent household bulb.

80-90 degrees for basking (where he is present at the moment) and uvb is a soft light bulb that I got from target (household bulb) he also has a t5 Ho.
I think you may have misspoken, and you meant to say your "basking bulb is a soft light bulb that I got from target (household bulb)." (?) :unsure:

I think you may have misspoken, and you meant to say your "basking bulb is a soft light bulb that I got from target (household bulb)." (?) :unsure:
Here I’ll take a picture of the exact bulbing I use. I’ve been using it for awhile and he’s been bright and happy with it for awhile and it’s been reaching EXACT temps that are perfect for awhile.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 55
Here I’ll take a picture of the exact bulbing I use. I’ve been using it for awhile and he’s been bright and happy with it for awhile and it’s been reaching EXACT temps that are perfect for awhile.
As I surmised, that's your basking bulb. It produces no UVB whatsoever. It may produce a little UVA, but not as much as your Reptisun T5 HO (which produces very little heat).

We all need both (basking, UVB) plus a full-spectrum plant light for live foliage.

As I surmised, that's your basking bulb. It produces no UVB whatsoever. It may produce a little UVA, but not as much as your Reptisun T5 HO (which produces very little heat).

We all need both (basking, UVB) plus a full-spectrum plant light for live foliage.
Link to good bulbing?

Link to good bulbing?
Basking (in order of preference):
  1. Household incandescent bulb (not LED)
  2. Incandescent flood light (not LED and not spot light)
  3. Halogen flood light (not spot light)
A clamp light fixture works well for basking lights.

Basking lamps are best installed/mounted at an angle to produce a temperature gradient rather than a hot-spot.
1637819582079.png

MissSkittles just beat me to sourcing for all 3 kinds of lighting.

Sansi almost always has coupons available: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=sansi+coupons

Since the UVB is currently sold out, you may have to find other sources (I don't have any—I'd have to shop). You want a linear (not compact) T5 HO UVB, either Reptisun 5.0 or Arcadia 6%. I have/use both; they're both good and should last at least a year.

As far as the fixture: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/lighting-and-heating.184907/#post-1701193

Back
Top Bottom