Dark Color When Eating

userBandit

Sorry for spamming the forum, but my chameleon always turns dark when she attacks the worm and eats it. Like she gets those little black dots when she eats it. Is that McNormal? I cup feed her from my hand

I wonder if maybe he is just upset that youre holding the cup and he feels watched? I know chameleons are very sensitive when they eat because they need their eyes on their food and not looking around for predators etc.. I would suggest getting some fishing line string and tying a plastic cup or something of that sort to tie to the screen cage, thats what I did. I have also seen people make their own feeder cups where the insects can climb up!

such as this:

Sorry for spamming the forum, but my chameleon always turns dark when she attacks the worm and eats it. Like she gets those little black dots when she eats it. Is that McNormal? I cup feed her from my hand
Does she turn dark brown/black all over, or does she just have her "fired up" colors on? Take a picture if you can. She could just be getting defensive.
What kind of worms are you feeding & are they the appropriate size for her? Do they bite?

Does she turn dark brown/black all over, or does she just have her "fired up" colors on? Take a picture if you can. She could just be getting defensive.
What kind of worms are you feeding & are they the appropriate size for her? Do they bite?
She is a decent size, i'd say close to fully grown. She may gain weight but they are just superworms. They don't bite her she always gets them from the cup they don't free roam

I wonder if maybe he is just upset that youre holding the cup and he feels watched? I know chameleons are very sensitive when they eat because they need their eyes on their food and not looking around for predators etc.. I would suggest getting some fishing line string and tying a plastic cup or something of that sort to tie to the screen cage, thats what I did. I have also seen people make their own feeder cups where the insects can climb up!

such as this:

I do this, I just like to cup feed with my hands to get her used to me and my hands so I can take her out to clean and for vet visits. Also on occasion I like to handle her as she is pretty mellow and easy going.

I do this, I just like to cup feed with my hands to get her used to me and my hands so I can take her out to clean and for vet visits. Also on occasion I like to handle her as she is pretty mellow and easy going.
Definitely! my little dude is the same way, very easy going. I hope you figure this out. I think the person above may be right, just getting fired up or something of the sort lol

Back
Top Bottom