dark Cham

cerzon92

I have had a veiled Cham for about 9 months...about a month ago I noticed that he was a dark brown all day. It has been like that for a long time..he still has pattern and walks around everywhere..he drinks plenty of water..abd eats every day. He has the proper lighting and lives comfortably in a 50 inch tall cage. 36 wide and 25 deep..I have a mist system and an aranyment of 7 different plants..he is very well looked after..I just wish he had more color..if some one could please help that would be great!!!

click the insert image icon and pick a picture from you computer. i dont know about veileds but my panthers get dark sometimes usually when it gets colder or if they are being moody.

my cham is a dark brown when he is on the branches in his cage that have no green around them. Also, he is brown when he is too cold, or dehydrated. And when he is drinking, eating, or sleeping --> actually just happy all together, he turns a really bright green. So, majority of the time I assume the brown means he is unhappy or needs something. Kind of like a mood ring! So unless there are recent drastic changes going on, and I dont think it's because of a lack of care, I would just associate the same as I did lol.

My chameleon gets dark when she first wakes up. If its something like that he may just be getting dark to absorb more heat :)

Back
Top Bottom