Dark Cham

The vet visit went well. The Veterinarian stated he looked healthy and wasn't concerned about his at times dark appearance. He stated that the chameleon was likely cold and that I should attempt to heat the cage a little more. He recommended we change the bulb or add an insulator to the cage. The fecal test did reveal pinworms and we received medication for that. I bought a temp gun and will keep a log of temps to see where we're trending.

The vet visit went well. The Veterinarian stated he looked healthy and wasn't concerned about his at times dark appearance. He stated that the chameleon was likely cold and that I should attempt to heat the cage a little more. He recommended we change the bulb or add an insulator to the cage. The fecal test did reveal pinworms and we received medication for that. I bought a temp gun and will keep a log of temps to see where we're trending.
I am glad you got meds to treat the pinworms. They can reinfect themselves if they lick or eat from a branch were fecal was. This is because the eggs of the pinworms come out in the fecal.

Per the advice to add even more heat. I disagree. Your temps already exceed the recommended temps for a panther.

Back
Top Bottom