Dark area on hemipenes

PyroChris

1F54F019-0AE8-4142-9D0C-03BC3BAE4617.jpeg

I’m hoping this pic is enough, but I’m looking at buying this lil guy from a local shop and I’m concerned about 1) his color 2) hemipenes looking like that. Any advice??? Oh he’s approx 4-5mos old.

From the blackened color, it appears his prolapse is starting to become necrotic. This poor little guy should have been taken to a good vet as soon as the prolapse happened. If he isn’t given proper veterinary care soon, there’s a good chance he won’t survive long.

Thank you everyone. As much as I like this lil guy and he seemed to like being held, I’m gonna pass but will mention that he should be taken to a vet.
Please do... If you want recommendations for breeders let us know. The breeder should have known better with the hemipenes like that.

I’ve reached out to one already, but would love some options. I’m in SoCal if that matters. Thanks so much!!

Just checking to see if you were going to keep him or donate? I was unclear with your answer-- I get confused easy. (y)
If you are going to take to vet- you can put some ointment on to keep it moist and soft, and it will allow for the vent to pass waste.

How is his eating and drinking? As mentioned above it is important to act as quick as you can. Keep us posted either way, it is always a good learning lesson when we get the end result- good or bad.
What part of socal (big area) (y)

Just checking to see if you were going to keep him or donate? I was unclear with your answer-- I get confused easy. (y)
If you are going to take to vet- you can put some ointment on to keep it moist and soft, and it will allow for the vent to pass waste.

How is his eating and drinking? As mentioned above it is important to act as quick as you can. Keep us posted either way, it is always a good learning lesson when we get the end result- good or bad.
What part of socal (big area) (y)
The cham was at a pet store. They were looking at buying it but are not now.

Thanks! I didn't even see what was under the 1st Picture.. Darn! Note to self--- Always have on your reading glasses and life might be easier.
And, I looked at the picture many times too.:oops:

Thanks for clarification. Teamwork! (y) :)

Back
Top Bottom