Dalila is digging!!!

armando

Hey everyone!!!
Im very surprised... I bought a female veiled chameleon form a pet store that kept her with a male...
When I first saw her I could easily tell she was pregnant because she had pregnancy colors and was very stressed inside the cage.
The guy at the store didnt seem to know much about them, So I just asked him when was the first day that she was there, and he said it was 2 days before I bought her.
So... I strated to count down the days, and started to read a lot about pregnant veileds. I have had my male veiled for about a year now... but never knew anything about females.
The thing is that I read about laying bins, and noticed it was recomended to have it inside by day 20...
yesterday was day 20, So i placed the cage above a laying bin,and covered the cage with cardboard... and today in the morning when I woke up I heard something strange.... as I came closer, I could easily tell she was digging!!!
And there she was... completely inside, diging!!!!
Im worried!! Do you guy think she wanted to place the eggs before and she wasnt able? (I never saw her at the bottom of the cage, or roaming around) or is it just the correct time? ... isnt it too soon???

887408_10152617691405641_1264624925_o.jpg

If she was digging and laying them she was ready to lay her clutch. Good luck with the eggs :)
I would keep a laying container in with the females on a regular basis. There is a good chance she could lay another clutch as soon as 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom