"Dad, Will I get as big as you?"- A sulcata comparison

sulcatta's

I've had a passion for these guys for a long time, my big one's shell is about 21 inches long, my smaller one is about 12 inches long. They are facinating to watch. Mine did not start out so small, but it has been fun to watch them grow. :)

I love the picture of the baby tort on the dad, that is adorable. Sulcata's are awesome tortoises. We have 3 and I love to watch them. They really do have personality. :) Thanks for sharing!

are sulcata very friendly? My mom has been breeding box turtles for almost 20 years now. I know shes really been waiting a tortoise but still hasnt gotten any. We have a few russian tortoises but they of course are similar in size of a box turtle. I was trying to decide if i should get a Aldabra or Sulcata for her. We have an acre back yard so I would imagine that would be enough.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Sulcatas are very friendly. Mine like to follow me around the yard as they know I am sure to pick a flower for them to eat. They are inquisitive as well.
Aldabra tortoises are even bigger than Sulcatas. I don't know much about them, but they are very expensive.

Back
Top Bottom