D3

JustJay

So I'm going to dust my crickets for my veiled cham with D3 for the 1st time today (I've had him for about 2 weeks) and I've read it's supposed to be done every other week. Anyways my question is how many should I dust with the D3 for him he's about 3-4 mo old. I usually feed him a couple times a day as many as he will eat dusted with normal calcium w/o D3 but I don't know if I should do the same thing with the D3 on em.

Ok well he ate ten lightly dusted crickets back to to back he's a little savage... He only ever eats crickets tho I havent seen him eat any veggies and I've tried giving him supers but he ignored those.

Some chams can be picky. Mine devours anything that moves and destroyed the last pothos plant I have in his enclosure. I started hanging escarole leaves around his cage daily to help keep him from devouring the new pothos I put in there.

I lightly dust all or a portion of the feeders. You want to barely be able to see the dust on the feeders. Since D3 is provided by UVB bulbs, less is needed and it is just used as an insurance. I also don't believe the usual advice of dusting every day with plain calcium, as it's excessive and your gutload should be adequate, provided it is not heavy in fruits. Plain calcium 3-4 days a week max, dusted lightly on all feeders or heavily on a smaller portion of feeders ( 1/3 or so ) is more than enough.

Reactions: PJK
Back
Top Bottom