D3 supplements/ outside

Norbert

Established Member
I saw a post saying D3 is not necessary if your chams spend time outside. I just wanted to confirm this as the post was a year old. I was also wondering how long/ often they have to be outside to not need the D3 supplements? My panther is getting more comfortable with me and I am hoping he will let me take him outside this summer since our humidity and heat is usually in the perfect range outdoors.
My vet also said they don’t usually need D3 supplements if they are getting enough UVB in their enclosure, but if I wanted to supplement he recommended only once a month not twice a month like I’ve been doing. Would cutting back to once a month be fine?

RepCal D3+ 400,000 IU/kg
Flukers Reptacalcium 100,000 IU/lb
Exoterra 14,740 IU/lb
ZooMed ReptiCalcium 22,907 IU/kg
Mineral -indoor 2000ui per kg
Repashy calcium plus LoD 8,000 IU/lb
I dont have the time right now to convert kg to lbs, but just pretend that the 8,000 IU/lb is 20,000 ui/kg

So there is a HUGE difference in D3 dosage from the popular vendors.

But they only need about 3-5 hours of outdoor time per week, to not need D3.

To not need D3 indoors, you have to have your lighting PERFECT, which most of do not.

My advice is to pick one of the 20,000 iu/kg ( i think even arcadia is that amount) and do it once a month.

I use the minerall indoor, but i use it every feeding, and its 10x less dosage.

RepCal D3+ 400,000 IU/kg
Exoterra 14,740 IU/lb
I dont have the time right now to convert kg to lbs, but just pretend that the 8,000 IU/lb is 20,000 ui/kg

To not need D3 indoors, you have to have your lighting PERFECT, which most of do not.

My advice is to pick one of the 20,000 iu/kg ( i think even arcadia is that amount) and do it once a month.

Arcadia is only 2.3k IU/lb It is the lowest one on the market

RepCal D3+ 400,000 IU/kg
Exoterra 14,740 IU/lb

Sounds good, thank you so much!

Arcadia is only 2.3k IU/lb It is the lowest one on the market
This is the Arcadia “EarthPro-Ca” ? I currently use RepCal with D3 twice a month, and RepCal without D3 6 days a week, with Reptivite without D3 twice a month.
So I can keep the RepCal without D3 for 6 days, and the reptivite twice a month, and just change to the Arcadia EarthPro-Ca once a month correct?

5k iuKg Arcadia RevitaliseD3

Or do they make another one? Either way its still over double of stickytongues 2k iuKg
No that is the one. I was told the conversion was 2.3k IU lb not KG. That is what I go buy since most are per lb but that conversion was given to me by someone else. So it could be wrong. I do not have enough brain cells to figure it out. lol

This is the Arcadia “EarthPro-Ca” ? I currently use RepCal with D3 twice a month, and RepCal without D3 6 days a week, with Reptivite without D3 twice a month.
So I can keep the RepCal without D3 for 6 days, and the reptivite twice a month, and just change to the Arcadia EarthPro-Ca once a month correct?
No it is the revitaliseD3 that we were talking about not the EP-CA that they make. That one your talking about is just a plain calcium no different then the rep cal really although it has added B vitamins to it and bee pollen.

You could drop back the reptivite to once a month if he was getting consistent outside time. You do not want to loose the vitamin A that the reptivite has.

Plus natural sun is not the same as supplementing with D3. With Sun or even UVB bulbs their body is converting it for D3. Their body knows when to stop and when they need it. They can not overdose getting UVB and the 2 times a month D3 supplement.

No that is the one. I was told the conversion was 2.3k IU lb not KG. That is what I go buy since most are per lb but that conversion was given to me by someone else. So it could be wrong. I do not have enough brain cells to figure it out. lol

8,000 IU/lb is 20,000 ui/kg

its the same conversion. So 2.3k iu/lb is the same as 5k iu/kg

Its a mind bender, right up there with is a CC of something or a mL. They both measure liquid by volume, and they are even both the metric system.

8,000 IU/lb is 20,000 ui/kg

its the same conversion. So 2.3k iu/lb is the same as 5k iu/kg

Its a mind bender, right up there with is a CC of something or a mL. They both measure liquid by volume, and they are even both the metric system.
Thank you! my brain was not built for this stuff the way yours was lol.

No it is the revitaliseD3 that we were talking about not the EP-CA that they make. That one your talking about is just a plain calcium no different then the rep cal really although it has added B vitamins to it and bee pollen.

You could drop back the reptivite to once a month if he was getting consistent outside time. You do not want to loose the vitamin A that the reptivite has.

Plus natural sun is not the same as supplementing with D3. With Sun or even UVB bulbs their body is converting it for D3. Their body knows when to stop and when they need it. They can not overdose getting UVB and the 2 times a month D3 supplement.
Oh okay thank you. Where can I buy the revitalizeD3? The only one on Amazon was the other one I mentioned, and I didn’t see any at my pet store.

Oh okay thank you. Where can I buy the revitalizeD3? The only one on Amazon was the other one I mentioned, and I didn’t see any at my pet store.
Dragonstrand and morifeeders and light your reptiles are the only ones that I know of in the US that sell Arcadia supplements. :)

Back
Top Bottom