Cuteness overload!!

Raven

I just couldn’t stand how stinking CUTE this guy is while he’s sleeping!!! I just want to hold him and let him sleep on me. But don’t worry, I won’t do that. And no flash, I promise. ??

Attachments

• 92A3F27A-7C34-45F7-96A1-4EC18E6CBB28.jpeg
    92A3F27A-7C34-45F7-96A1-4EC18E6CBB28.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 136
Very cute!

It was nighttime when you took this, yes? Assuming you just turned on a a light for a picture?

Does he (or she I’m getting mixed signals here) sleep on you when you hold it normally???
He’s a boy. And no, unfortunately he don’t. I don’t hold him a lot yet and when I do he is very nervous at first then he starts to be ok. He’s only eaten from my hand once. But I sure wish he did sleep on me!!! My heart would just melt.

Very cute!

It was nighttime when you took this, yes? Assuming you just turned on a a light for a picture?
Actually, I turned his lights off and accidentally left the bedroom light on when I went out to go do house chores. So they were already on when I came into the room. His cage usually stays pretty dark over there in front of the window at night. And I’m usually in my bedroom working on something so the lights are on. He’s used to it, sleeps right through it.

Alright, just wanted to make sure he wasn't sleeping during the day.. big sign of illness.
Ooh no. Most definitely not. He was shy at first and just stayed hidden in that same fake plant he’s sleeping on but he’s starting to be a lot more active now. I woke up this morning and found him crawling all over the place.
But thank you for that info. If I see him sleeping during the day I’ll definitely take him to a vet. What kind of sickness does sleeping during the day usually tell signs of?

It can be caused by many problems, not just one. Technically they can also sleep during the day if you have them on an incorrect lighting schedule.

Ahh i got ya. Hey, look. It will let me post a pic for you here but won’t let me do it in the messages for some odd reason so I’ll post it here for you. Check out these starting bids!!! And a lot of times there aren’t very many people bidding.

Attachments

• 54A712C4-915F-4449-B950-63C79DEDFB1C.png
    54A712C4-915F-4449-B950-63C79DEDFB1C.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 89
That’s probably what I saw though was a starting bid price, not an actual price. It’s still quite expensive but a lot better than $80 for a single leaf cutting. That’s outrageous!

I still think it’s smart for you to fill this out. Please add pictures of everything.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

I still think it’s smart for you to fill this out. Please add pictures of everything.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
I’ve already filled it out and posted it. Thank you though!

Chameleon Info:

Cage Info:

--------------

Please Note:
After I filled it out I got a lot of responses. Gingero suggested that I take the waterfall and moss out so I did. She said it’s basically a breeding ground for bacteria and thinking about it, she’s right. It looked really beautiful but I’ve got to do what’s best for Bling. I wanted to cry while I was taking it all out though. Lmao!!! It was so pretty!!! I ended up having to post this form filled out because I’m having a problem with him eating crickets. He ate one the first day I got him and has been absolutely refusing to eat any cricket since. I’m going to try again in a week or two. I’m thinking he may have just gotten tired of crickets. One person suggested that he may not be eating the crickets because I gave in and started feeding him mealworms which is bad for him. I’ve also got him some hornworms. He ate a few at first but now he won’t touch those or the mealworms. I’m not sure why he’s being like that. He might eat one mealworm or hornworm a day. I think he might be eating these little flying insects that keep getting in his enclosure. They’re either fruit flies or fungus gnats. I had a bad problem with fungus gnats over the winter. They started coming out of my plants and I haven’t been able to get rid of them since. They’re driving me nuts but I think Bling might be enjoying them. One day I saw some swarming inside of his cage and a couple of days later they were all gone. So I’m pretty sure he is eating them.

Back
Top Bottom