Custom Vivarium

Ive heard if you use RO water for misting that you wont get water spots. But im not sure if that is true.

Not sure if it has been said before, but this is our approach at the Shedd Aquarium. So much safer than having to worry about accidentally getting window cleaner in any of the tanks (let alone the jellies we work with! fragile little fleshbags :p)

Tanks are mostly acrylic at shedd, but glass stock tanks in back clean off very nicely with RO as well. Even in our open-water estuary tank I clean (out in the oceanarium if any of you have ever been) there is constant salt build-up on the outside of the acrylic, and RO cleans up all the spots/residue quite nicely.

Just thought about the acrylic vs. glass debate (acrylic = stronger, easier to clean, able to be buffed, and lets more light pass through) I'm sure it's on these forums somewhere, but does acrylic let any more UVB through? Just brainstorming :D

Not sure if it has been said before, but this is our approach at the Shedd Aquarium. So much safer than having to worry about accidentally getting window cleaner in any of the tanks (let alone the jellies we work with! fragile little fleshbags :p)

Tanks are mostly acrylic at shedd, but glass stock tanks in back clean off very nicely with RO as well. Even in our open-water estuary tank I clean (out in the oceanarium if any of you have ever been) there is constant salt build-up on the outside of the acrylic, and RO cleans up all the spots/residue quite nicely.

Just thought about the acrylic vs. glass debate (acrylic = stronger, easier to clean, able to be buffed, and lets more light pass through) I'm sure it's on these forums somewhere, but does acrylic let any more UVB through? Just brainstorming :D
They will both block UVB.
There is a special material that will, I believe it is called solarcryl.

just something i cuaght in the "how i did it" guide.

on day 5 you said, "Day 5 – ditto day 4, 2nd coat. Then left for 2 weeks to allow yacht varnish to completely dry and odour to go"

then your next step was day 6.

i guess my question is wouldnt it be "day 19"?

(just asking not trolling...)

Back
Top Bottom