Custom enclosures

I think we've decided to go the easy route and build Pesto's enclosure out of screen and aluminum. My moms boyfriend does welding and wants to try to weld the frame for me, free labor! I know it has to be a metal screen, but is there a specific kind that's better than others? Are there even more than one option? I've done literally no research, because I know I'll just end up asking the experienced builders here anyway lol

Last edited:
I think we've decided to go the easy route and build Pesto's enclosure out of screen and aluminum. My moms boyfriend does welding and wants to try to weld the frame for me, free labor! I know it has to be a metal screen, but is there a specific kind that's better than others? Are there even more than one option? I've done literally know research, because I know I'll just end up asking the experienced builders here anyway lol

Steel is usually used for screen, or even better, stainless steel.

Steel is usually used for screen, or even better, stainless steel.
When I was talking to my mom, she seemed to think we would use, like... window screening :notworthy: safe to say she isthe muscle and I am the brains behind this enterprise :ROFLMAO:

There is absolutely no reason to use steel mesh in a viv unless it’s an outside, permanent enclosure in the middle of a serious native raccoon population.
So just some good old fashioned aluminum screen then? That makes it easier since I have a welder, just make the entire thing out of aluminum and just weld it all together

Am I wrong? Do you feel like you got $800 dollars of viv?
Well I did not get the huge one so I did not spend that much . and I now have a second one on the way lol. Don’t get me wrong I would love to have a huge custom set up... like a build from scratch to get the exact specs I want... but I would need you to come to Cali and help me saw stuff lol

Well I did not get the huge one so I did not spend that much . and I now have a second one on the way lol. Don’t get me wrong I would love to have a huge custom set up... like a build from scratch to get the exact specs I want... but I would need you to come to Cali and help me saw stuff lol
Can I field trip there to watch

Back
Top Bottom