Custom Enclosure

After my first chameleon, Wenzty the Jackson's, passed it made me even more passionate about chameleons. I have begun making a custome cage for my next chameleon, Wentzy jr. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• Snapchat-5935912742116642425.jpg
    Snapchat-5935912742116642425.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 128
The guy at reptile store said i should not paint the cage. Does the wood need waterproofing or will it be fine the way it is. I have a mistking that will go off several times a day.

The guy at reptile store said i should not paint the cage. Does the wood need waterproofing or will it be fine the way it is. I have a mistking that will go off several times a day.
I would use a water sealant for things like deck's and dock's give plenty of time to cure then paint over it as long as your cham is not eating the enclosure there will be no problem with it

I would use a water sealant for things like deck's and dock's give plenty of time to cure then paint over it as long as your cham is not eating the enclosure there will be no problem with it

Did you just use paint or did you waterproof also? I already bought some zero voc low odor paint.

Gotta get some more plants and add branches. Still have to make the drainage layer and setup the mistking. Im still not sure if im gonna paint since half of people tell me not while the other half does.

Attachments

• 20161126_165458.jpg
    20161126_165458.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 82
Almost Completed. This is second build. I still need time for paints to cure.
Made the Background and foam planter. I'm very please with suggestion from someone here on using pond liner, that worked great . I still have my doors Screened top ones ,and bottom ones to do. Have another Mistking coming, and Todd @lightyourreptiles gave me suggestions on Lighting such a Big enclosure.
Habitat area not the full cabinet size . 50" X 30"X 52". I also had the option of dividing it into two enclosures with dividing wall. For now I'll leave it full size.
When using your imagination anything is possible , that's why I love seeing others work here. Let your thoughts go wild. Besides it's not that costly check out Used furniture places . This is my second build. Yes I have lots of power tools. Will be finished in the next couple of weeks . Planted and all.
The Bigger the Better.;)

Attachments

• IMAG0099.jpg
    IMAG0099.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0100.jpg
    IMAG0100.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG1091.jpg