Custom Cage Build

Fastedmclintock

I built a custom cage stand drainage system for my lllreptile 24x24x48 screen cage that can handle my misting system for my panthers big boy cage. I have been working on it the last two weeks and it turned out really good! Still have to finish actual the interior habitat design and will post up pics when i finish later this week. I received my new 24" HO T5 Double Bulb fixture with Arcadia 6% and 6.5k from Todd at lightyourreptiles last week and I love it! :D Thanks goes out to Todd! Great guy and amazing products! Lemme know what you guys think!

Drainage system - painted black w/ stained front door and coated with 4-5 layers of polyurethane clear coat!

image_zpsddba2fd1.jpeg

image7_zps69a25008.jpeg

image6_zps65b7d82c.jpeg

image5_zpsc06d0f2e.jpeg

image2_zpscd74c79c.jpeg

LLLReptile drainage pan for their 24x24x48 screen cage on drawer
image4_zpsa2bf3155.jpeg

Drainage valve
image9_zps30dc87ca.jpeg

LLLReptile 24x24x48 screen cage on top!
image3_zps09e15d7a.jpeg

image1_zpsf7e8aa3f.jpeg

First off, great choice of lighting! Next, very nice design for drainage. Can't wait to see how the enclosure looks decorated ;). Hope your boy loves it! (I'm sure he will :D)

Yes i designed and built it myself! Thanks you very much!:)

2 questions:

1. How will open the bottom of the cage? It has a bottom opening, no?
2. Did you consider making it taller so that the cage would sit up higher?

ok, I lied.

3. Why you no post step-by-step with pics?? That's just wrong! :D

Again, great work. I'm not knocking you with the questions, just curious. Thanks!

To open the bottom door of the cage i have to flip down the front door of the stand and then the bottom of the cage swings up! I decided that using 2x12's for the sides would make the cage sit high enough...with the stand it is over 5' tall. As for the step by step guide... I was going to make one but unfortunately i broke my camera about a month ago and did not get it fixed until yesterday when i was already done...so i didnt have anything to take pics of steps!:mad:

To open the bottom door of the cage i have to flip down the front door of the stand and then the bottom of the cage swings up! I decided that using 2x12's for the sides would make the cage sit high enough...with the stand it is over 5' tall. As for the step by step guide... I was going to make one but unfortunately i broke my camera about a month ago and did not get it fixed until yesterday when i was already done...so i didnt have anything to take pics of steps!:mad:

lol. acceptable answers! :)

Finished the interior habit and it turned out great! Lemme know what you guys think!

IMG_1362_zpsd5c8f169.jpg

IMG_1367_zpsd8bbacf8.jpg

IMG_1364_zpsdef4d9a0.jpg

IMG_1363_zps33559b54.jpg

IMG_1368_zps89d7feaf.jpg

Corner piece i made for the rain dome to drip onto
IMG_1365_zps3406c7e9.jpg

IMG_1359_zpsf646d2c8.jpg

IMG_1356_zpsbd9fb453.jpg

IMG_1355_zps5f4d02a4.jpg

IMG_1357_zps0959cc8b.jpg

IMG_1358_zpsd1b31d12.jpg

And the top of the cage: arcadia double fixutre, two mistking nozzles (w/ shutoff valves) and my homemade rain dome

IMG_1366_zps16dcbc9a.jpg

Looks great! Did you use zip ties to hold the pieces together? If so, be careful of the cut ends. Your cham could get cut on them. Maybe wrap them in cellophane wrap? Good luck finding him in there! :D

Hold up...Did you turn the cage upside down? That cage doesn't have 3 doors does it? If you did turn it upside down to use the bottom door as the top, that's pure genius!

Hold up...Did you turn the cage upside down? That cage doesn't have 3 doors does it? If you did turn it upside down to use the bottom door as the top, that's pure genius!

Exactly right! :cool: I built the cage upside down so i could have the door with the locks up top. The front door of my stand holds the bottom cage door shut. Giving me a total of three doors!:D

Looks great! Did you use zip ties to hold the pieces together? If so, be careful of the cut ends. Your cham could get cut on them.:D

Yes i did use zip ties...but i made sure i cut them as short and possible and always faced the cut part toward the branches i was securing so i he could not harm himself! :)

Very nice !!!!!!!

A few quick questions if you dont mind. How much did it cost you to build everything.... More or less the frame and screen housing? I got a 18x18x36 Reptibreeze off Amazon for $70 shipped. Was it cheaper than that? Im looking to build or buy 3 more of the same. I wanna start breeding my Cham when he is old enuff. Right now hes 4.5 months old. I wanna get one more male and then 2 females just so I can start setting things up. So when they are old enuff they can start doing the deed. Right now I have a Male Amilobe Blue Bar and hes doing FANTASTIC. I bought him off Chameleons Northwest. But when I get my other male I want a red bar or Nosy Be or Faly. Im not sure yet. But I saw this facebook page from a couple called Candy Tree Chameleons and they have an awesome looking Red Bar that i would be interested in. Usually I would go through Chamalot Chameleon or The Chameleon Company. They are very nice people and have both been very helpful with a few questions I have had. Thank you Dez and Jim. :D

A few quick questions if you dont mind. How much did it cost you to build everything....

It cost about 135 to build the wooden drainage stand (including the LLLreptile drainage pan)....but i did not build the actualy screen cage my self...it is a LLLreptile cage i got from their website on sale for $89.99. Their 18x18x36 cage costs 82.99 not on sale.

Back
Top Bottom