Custom Build Questions

terrahm

Currently in the process of a new custom build for a second cham. Wanted to try out a custom background. So, If I made the back of the enclosure PVC, and the sides, front, and top screen, would the ventilation be suitable enough? Would it ruin the chimney effect?

Currently in the process of a new custom build for a second cham. Wanted to try out a custom background. So, If I made the back of the enclosure PVC, and the sides, front, and top screen, would the ventilation be suitable enough? Would it ruin the chimney effect?
The ventilation would be adequate. IDK that there would be much chimney effect.

Chimney effect is important to ventilate enclosures with very little screen—like a small intake at/near bottom and screen top. This often occurs with hybrid enclosures. I suppose a solid back could technically be called "hybrid" because it's not "all-screen", but looking at what mfrs are doing and calling it, hybrid has come to mean solid back, sides, and door(s).

What area of the country do you live?
In the past 90 days what has the RH been in your area?
Do you use your AC/Heat much?
Is the Room insulated from the outside or does it get hot/cold when its hot/cold outside?
Are you the type of person to keep the windows open or closed all the time?

All this will play a roll in the choice to set up an enclosure....

I am building a custom 4'x2'x4' enclosure as well right now and I am making a naturalistic background like it seems like you are.

The relative humidity in my area is about 30-40% during the "Wet Season" and as low as single digits during the dry "santa Ana winds" every year.

I am making an enclosure that closely mimics the Zen Habitats with glass doors, back and sides PVC panels, but a screen top and a 12" screen Front below the doors.

I previously had a 2x2x4 reptibreeze and STRUGGLED (And subsequently lost) a chameleon a few years ago...

If you live in the frozen north
Funny GIF

What area of the country do you live?
In the past 90 days what has the RH been in your area?
Do you use your AC/Heat much?
Is the Room insulated from the outside or does it get hot/cold when its hot/cold outside?
Are you the type of person to keep the windows open or closed all the time?

All this will play a roll in the choice to set up an enclosure....

I am building a custom 4'x2'x4' enclosure as well right now and I am making a naturalistic background like it seems like you are.

The relative humidity in my area is about 30-40% during the "Wet Season" and as low as single digits during the dry "santa Ana winds" every year.

I am making an enclosure that closely mimics the Zen Habitats with glass doors, back and sides PVC panels, but a screen top and a 12" screen Front below the doors.

I previously had a 2x2x4 reptibreeze and STRUGGLED (And subsequently lost) a chameleon a few years ago...
I feel your pain with the Santa Anas and trying to keep cham and plants healthy.

Back
Top Bottom