curious ,, male ambanja and with a female ambilobe?

lcsphx

curious ,,if these two were bred together (male ambanja and with a female ambilobe)? healthy, ? beauty? colors?
any thoughts or inupt, even better.....if you have any photos of these two types of panthers bred togather w/ results????? thank you :rolleyes::D

Yea, totally possible. They're still the same species, just different color localities. Crossing them won't result in any defects/health issues, so no worries about that as long as both parents are healthy. You'd get a vareity of colors out of the pairing, as some males will probably look like the father's locale, some will look like the mother's locale, and you'll have several (most, probably) end up somewhere in the middle.

The bad thing about crosses is that there isn't as much demand for them, especially the girls. So anyone breeding crosses has to be prepared to hold onto and house several chameleons if they don't end up going to homes immediately. If you run a forum search on cross breeding panthers you'll get a ton of results, and it'll give you a much more thorough idea of any considerations.

Yes like olympia said there isn't much demand for them so be ready to hold onto them. someone that has a clutch of crosses cant sell them might be tempted to sell them as a pure locale then someone will buy them and breed them and end up with crosses themselves. Not saying you but you can see where it can be a problem.

Yea, totally possible. They're still the same species, just different color localities. Crossing them won't result in any defects/health issues, so no worries about that as long as both parents are healthy. You'd get a vareity of colors out of the pairing, as some males will probably look like the father's locale, some will look like the mother's locale, and you'll have several (most, probably) end up somewhere in the middle.

The bad thing about crosses is that there isn't as much demand for them, especially the girls. So anyone breeding crosses has to be prepared to hold onto and house several chameleons if they don't end up going to homes immediately. If you run a forum search on cross breeding panthers you'll get a ton of results, and it'll give you a much more thorough idea of any considerations.
I made a mistake when asking that question, the male would be a ambaja not a ambanja, and the female a ambilobe, so i'm looken on advice of the offspring on .....a male ambaja, with a blue bar/red bar ambilobe female, how they would turn out? or would offspring turn out better if mated him with a female noseybe?

I never heard of an Ambaja???? I think you can only guess and speculate how they will turn out when you mix locales.

Yea, you can only guess. It's pretty much a mysetery when you cross two locales, regardless of the mix. You now that they'll inherit colors from both parents, but the combination is a mystery until you start to see them color up.

There are members with those crosses here on the forum, I would run a search on the forum and see what comes up so you can see photos.

Back
Top Bottom